BD v. SCV

I have also wondered about the BD scheduling. After Sacramento this past Sunday they did not plan to show at Santa Clara or Oceanside. It seems like they also skipped one of the early SoCal shows last year.

I don't see SCV skipping any shows in California. In recent years after this past weekend they head north rather than south to support the Oregon and Washington shows. They join back together prior to the Drums Along the Rockies weekend.

When I look at their schedules I was surprised that neither corps is going to Casper, Wy to support the Troopers show. Crown, however, is going to Casper.

I guess at some point you need to take a break to work on your show.

1372167670[/url]' post='3273654']

If I'm reading the schedule correctly, BD and SCV aren't attending each others' shows. Anyone know why? Anyone besides me think that's dopey?

HH

Actually, this isn't that unusual for this point in the season. After the Sacramento show, BD traditionally heads south to SoCal, while SCV heads north to Oregon. Then everybody meets up again in Utah. If your comment is based on The line-up for the Santa Clara show, note that while the A corps has already gone south, the BDB corps will as usual be at the Vangaurd show.

I get the sense that BD is all about BD for BD and am unaware of what BD does or has done for the support of other corps in DCI. I do know about their outreach work to the Third World and South Africa/Indonesia/Japan/Ukraine, etc. But I am unaware of anything that they do for other organizations currently in DCI besides themselves. So I am not surprised that they skip California shows or the Trooper show which will be in Wyoming this year.

They do do a number of clinics around the country while they are on tour.

• Like 1

Are you speaking of the show in Pleasant Hill on July 7th? That is hosted by the B corps. The A corps is in Colorado.

BD's show used to be Precision West. However, with the shortening of the drum corps season, and fewer weekends available, their show was discontinued in favor of Stanford - DCI West.

I am old, but I seem to remember SC coming to BD Family days to at least get an early performance experience. Is that correct flammaster?

Edited by c mor