Oregon Crusaders 2013

Thought I'd get a fresh topic started for our newest world class corps since they have their world class debut tomorrow!

2013 Show:

"The 2013 Oregon Crusaders is pleased to announce its 2013 program My Heart, My Battle, My Soul, a story of love, loss and longing set in the south, with selections to include Going Home, Summertime, House of the Rising Sun, Rollin in the Deep, and Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho."

Just listened to their debut concert from today or yesterday on youtube. Was the first 8 minutes of the show at standstill. My oh my I think we are in for a treat this year from them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a live female vocalist in their show? I like it. :thumbup:

Edited by DrumManTx

Thought I'd get a fresh topic started for our newest world class corps since they have their world class debut tomorrow!

2013 Show:

"The 2013 Oregon Crusaders is pleased to announce its 2013 program My Heart, My Battle, My Soul, a story of love, loss and longing set in the south, with selections to include Going Home, Summertime, House of the Rising Sun, Rollin in the Deep, and Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho."

Just listened to their debut concert from today or yesterday on youtube. Was the first 8 minutes of the show at standstill. My oh my I think we are in for a treat this year from them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a live female vocalist in their show? I like it. :thumbup:/>

I was at the show in Pioneer Square and I am really excited to see my Oregon Crusaders on Friday! Musically they are bringing a strong show to World, I can't wait to see what they bring visually!

Anyone know how large they are? They were pretty big last year if I remember correctly. Curious if they had a lot of retention moving to World Class.

Wern't Cadets practically tarred and feathered for that not too many years back?

oh the scars, the scars still today!

Anyone know how large they are? They were pretty big last year if I remember correctly. Curious if they had a lot of retention moving to World Class.

Well, in this picture of their concert in Portland earlier this week, I count 37 percussion and 48 brass. But clearly all the brass aren't shown, there maybe 20+ more. And the guard is not pictured. So, easily 120+, ie about right for their likely placement in the teens.

1045180_10152927090035162_688027692_n.jpg

Edited by skywhopper

Well, in this picture of their concert in Portland earlier this week, I count 37 percussion and 48 brass. But clearly all the brass aren't shown, there maybe 20+ more. And the guard is not pictured. So, easily 120+, ie about right for their likely placement in the teens.

Great photo....sending a nice message...

Interesting descriptor on the side of their truck there....

Gives me the impression that they will be following BD down the same rabbit hole with the opinion that BD hasn't gone far enough?

I hope to one day see a pic of the Cru at the top of this Google Images search, more in line with the tasteful, modest pictures of course:

WARNING: Explicit Images ahead, click if you dare!

Google Images Search: Performance Art

• Like 1

I think they have one of the best looking uniforms in drum corps. Very classy.

• Like 4

A post on the DCP Brass forum dated 6/24 says O.C. is still looking to fill trumpet and euphonium holes. Cf. Brass Forum for details.