Of the corps I've seen live/VOD, here are my impressions:

1. Cadets (towers)- work extremely well but they need to "march" them, watching intervals, angles and respect the forms they are a part of.

2. Bluecoats (bleachers)- work well in parts of the show where the corps is split doing different things. There is probably something cool they could

with them at the end if the show that hasn't been put in or thought of yet.

3. Phantom (trees)- I don't really see any huge impact here. It's not objectionable, but it's something if removed, would not take away from the show.

4. BD (trees aka poles)- the opening visual statement works extremely well. They go on to use the poles as an altar/sacrifice so those poles are multi-

tasking. (Something I'm horrible at).

• Like 1

So I am watching all the shows and seeing all the props and I am curious. Do you think some of them are effective? And if so which ones? How about least effective?

What would the shows look like without the props?

Props and thanks.

N/M - I misread this originally and see you're talking about this season...

Edited by perc2100

Same feeling here about PR's trees ...

I almost want to see them scattered and standing on the field as the show progresses ... but the weight/visual of a base probably prevents that

but they could leave the bases on the back line and then stand the trees up like the helments from Turandot ...

there is/are rumors of a dragon being slain which might be the moment of the year ... but costuming could be tricky ...

"death becomes them" ... IMHO

Edited by ashevillemurphy

Same feeling here about PR's trees ...

I almost want to see them scattered and standing on the field as the show progresses ... but the weight/visual of a base probably prevents that

but they could leave the bases on the back line and then stand the trees up like the helments from Turandot ...

there is/are rumors of a dragon being slain which might be the moment of the year ... but costuming could be tricky

IMHO

Yes, if they used their trees across the entire field as BD, the visual would be outstanding, almost a white winter wonderland with their unis.

Yes, if they used their trees across the entire field as BD, the visual would be outstanding, almost a white winter wonderland with their unis.

no imply the addition of more trees ... or a BD rip either ... but it never seems cohesive to drag out something and then not hide it afterwards ... or use it, as opposed to leaving them laying around.

especially in light of how many members carry them around, they are passed to the guard and back and the percussion ends up with them too ...

Historically. I remember having certain thoughts about Capital Regiment's sundial in 2005. The fact that it often moved around the field made those thoughts even more intense.

• Like 2

I think Bluecoats' bleachers are the best props this year. They use them as background, to divide the field, to frame the action, to climb around on, and they can get them out of the way when necessary, because they aren't huge. In other words, they serve nearly all purposes that props can serve, and they do it well.

I think BD's props create too much visual noise and are distracting for much of the show, but I'm sure they serve as excellent sight lines for the marchers to line up on... :ph34r:

• Like 6