Ghost Town...

I'm glad the OP initiated some discussion. This forum was pretty quiet last summer, too. I even started some show pages, like the WC forum, but they were relatively quiet, too.

Why don't more people talk about Open Class? Where are their fans? I know they're out there. Maybe they just don't hear about DCP like the WC corps fans and members do.

Too bad. There's so much to talk about.

Garry in Vegas

Thanks for the shout out! :thumbup:

I told myself when I found out OC was going world that I wouldn't abandon the Open class discussions and be a continuous fan. Not enough love for the Open class groups and they put just as much heart and soul into their shows as the world class groups.

• Like 1

Uhmm.. Actually I don't believe that there are "rankings" currently as there have not been performances where these corps have met as of yet.

BDB hasn't had a show since last Monday so their last score is not a valid comparison point. They've been rehearsing since Thursday and they will continue into this week so it'll be interesting to see where they stand after their next show.

SCVC technically is in 1st place as they have had shows this week and have (not suprisingly) gotten a higher score than BDB's last score.

Gold hasn't really had much competition this past week so I think we will see where they stand when they meet up with SCVC, BDB, Spartans in the future. I also haven't seen Gold's show yet so I can't really say much at this point in time

Spartans are doing well indeed but, like Gold, I haven't seen their show yet so I don't really have much of a comparison I can make with BDB's and SCVC's shows.

There are definetly some inconsistencies with scores so I'm not sure as to the actual ranking of the groups thus far.

All in all however, I definetly would not count BDB out of the pack. After seeing their show at Santa Clara, they definetly have a strong group coming through this year. SCVC is indeed a strong contender as is Spartans. However my prediction for the top 3 this year, (in no particular order), would be SCVC, BDB, and Spartans.

That's just my two cents!

Actually SCVC has scored higher than BDB. Their last show in Renton WA was 69.300 - BDB last score was 65.200

SCVC technically is in 1st place as they have had shows this week and have (not suprisingly) gotten a higher score than BDB's last score.

Actually SCVC has scored higher than BDB. Their last show in Renton WA was 69.300 -- BDB's last score was 65.200.

Yes, that's what he said.

I think the issue is the claim that BDB is only behind because they haven't had any shows. Which there is some truth to that. But that happens to OC every year due to mid season they have another all days. Their score got passed up, but then when they come back BAM back in the mix, and often on top.

I'm glad the OP initiated some discussion. This forum was pretty quiet last summer, too. I even started some show pages, like the WC forum, but they were relatively quiet, too.

Why don't more people talk about Open Class? Where are their fans? I know they're out there. Maybe they just don't hear about DCP like the WC corps fans and members do.

Too bad. There's so much to talk about.

Garry in Vegas

Have always enjoyed Open Class/Div.2-3 and these forums. I've been so wrapped up in Oregon's move to WC that completely overlooked this forum until today. Please forgive me, it won't happen again. :tongue:

Judging by the most recent scores, looks like BDB could take it again and once again be on top. I would like to see SCVC, Spartans, or Gold take it though. I honestly would love Gold to be the next contender! New top 3's are always an entertaining mix-up!

• Like 1

Judging by the most recent scores, looks like BDB could take it again and once again be on top. I would like to see SCVC, Spartans, or Gold take it though. I honestly would love Gold to be the next contender! New top 3's are always an entertaining mix-up!

We'll get a better idea of how Gold, BDB and SCVC stack up next weekend.

Garry in Vegas