Bristol on the bay...

If I were still marching, I'd be heartbroken. Bristol at the 4th of July is the best part of the summer.

I agree. The Bristol, R.I. 4th of July parade is like Grade A Filet Mignon. The setting is top notch.. the parade route for most of the route goes right along the Atlantic Coast with boats of all shapes and sizes just feet from the parade goers and marchers. The crowd is in a party mood, and most of 'em are familiar with Drum Corps from " back in the day", so they give all the Corps a great hand as they go by. Its the oldest 4th of July parade in the Country, and its packed every year, with Red, White, and Blue everywhere.. on homes, cars, faces, streets, you name it. Those who have been fortunate to have marched Bristol's 4th parade know what I'm talking about here too. I wish I could go watch it this year, but family plans prohibit it this year.

Edited by BRASSO

From a performers perspective...the Bristol show sucks. Big time.

There...I said it.

tumblr_lpy3drNZ5u1r1ce2ro1_500.gif

Edit...the parade is fun, though. At least as fun as parades can be...which is still not very.

Edited by Schickmeister

There...I said it.

Edit...the parade is fun, though. At least as fun as parades can be...which is still not very.

I've marched in parades with hills so wretched that near the end of the parade I was close to doing bodily harm to anyone near me. Bristol's parade was never like this. But everyone's experiences are different, of course.

This N.E. town is very small, ( maybe only 20-25,000 residents at most ) so naturally the bleachers at their H.S. are way to small. I hated watching the competition show there, as the bleachers were low, and so from a viewing aspect, it sucks. But the parade ? Thats the cats meow, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

20,000-25.000 is a very small town? Lol

haha.. if you're a city kid, then yes, its small. But I can see where people from really , REALLY small towns might consider a place with 20,000-25,000 residents a big metropolis... lol!... good point !

Edited by BRASSO

haha.. if you're a city kid, then yes, its small. But I can see where people from really , REALLY small towns might consider a place with 20,000-25,000 residents a big metropolis... lol!... good point !

Haha I just had to laugh. I grew up in a town of 12,000

Haha I just had to laugh. I grew up in a town of 12,000

For a city kid, we call this town " a hamlet " ( lol! )

Boston also just spent two full rehearsal days on major changes to their show....I have no insider knowledge about their parade attire tomorrow, but they WERE in red for the encore at the CYO Nationals last Saturday night...

They wore red for the Bunker Hill Day parade too. What I really enjoyed about the encore in Quincy was "Shipping off to Boston." I'd love to hear it again tonight in Bristol or Friday at Beanpot.

They wore red for the Bunker Hill Day parade too. What I really enjoyed about the encore in Quincy was "Shipping off to Boston." I'd love to hear it again tonight in Bristol or Friday at Beanpot.

That is one cool encore, imo. I love the percussion section playing segment in it too. :thumbup:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There...I said it.

Ah come on, Jason.

You're still not harboring a grudge against poor Paul Cain because you kept missing when to say YOU? and when you did get the timing, you kept on saying YOUSE, some Jersey or Brooklyn thing? like you were Danny Devito!