The Color Guard Thread

Best Color Guard of 2013  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win best color guard this year?

• Blue Devils
    • Carolina Crown
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cadets
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Cavaliers
    • Magic of Orlando
    • Madison Scouts
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Troopers
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • The Academy
    • Blue Stars
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Colts
    • Jersey Surf
    • Mandarins
    • Oregon Crusaders
    • Pioneer

I give crown the edge, overall hands down my favorite designed guard show! They can do it if the powers that be can come to grips with how good they are this year. Most demand from a form body and equipment standpoint! Most musical, most effective, coolest writing! Nothing bad to say. They take risks and they must be good at it to succeed! I can't even tell when bd is in a form or not. That show will show very little dirt as they do very little together. It's like the difference between pride of cincinatti and onyx in the winter. One group "prides" itself on risk and exposure for effect where the other group designs to eliminate risk and exposure. It's two completely different schools of thought.

For me i would rather see crown rip one out, they deserve it in every aspect !They seem to be really going for it this year and strategically doing things so smart while being true to what I at least personally love about colorguard!

• Like 2

I give crown the edge, overall hands down my favorite designed guard show! They can do it if the powers that be can come to grips with how good they are this year. Most demand from a form body and equipment standpoint! Most musical, most effective, coolest writing! Nothing bad to say. They take risks and they must be good at it to succeed! I can't even tell when bd is in a form or not. That show will show very little dirt as they do very little together. It's like the difference between pride of cincinatti and onyx in the winter. One group "prides" itself on risk and exposure for effect where the other group designs to eliminate risk and exposure. It's two completely different schools of thought.

For me i would rather see crown rip one out, they deserve it in every aspect !They seem to be really going for it this year and strategically doing things so smart while being true to what I at least personally love about colorguard!

Huh? There's tons of unison work in BD's program.

If anyone's known for not doing unison work -- for doing tons os sequentials just like Onyx -- it's Crown. That isn't even disputable.

• Like 1

Did they really just compare Carolina Crown to present day Onyx?? Lmao! I love Blue Devils but I'd say anyone who marches Onyx belongs at BD. Just how anyone who marches Pride belongs at Crown.

Grossly generalizing but hey, if you can dance, go to Cali, if you can toss and catch (at tape) go to Crown, or Cadets. ;)

• Like 4

Did they really just compare Carolina Crown to present day Onyx?? Lmao! I love Blue Devils but I'd say anyone who marches Onyx belongs at BD. Just how anyone who marches Pride belongs at Crown.

Grossly generalizing but hey, if you can dance, go to Cali, if you can toss and catch (at tape) go to Crown, or Cadets. ;)

Totally agree. Overgeneralized of course - but very valid point.

BD is immersed in dance, performance and theatrics and has downplayed the use of traditional equipment (just like Onyx).

Crown celebrates equipment and all of its intricacies and builds its effects accordingly (just like Pride and Carmel)

Later,

Mike

I don't know crap about guard, but I voted for Cadets.

Low information voters.... :rolleyes:

:tongue: