Full panels

Isn't there is a rankings page on DCP...it's under "scores and stats" on top of the page.

I can't seem to get the weighted feature to work. That was what I liked about DCI's rankings.

Hostrauser has a thread on here somewhere including something like that.

http://www.drumcorps...stats-captions/

for season select "2013"

for division select "world class"

for caption select "overall total"

for sort by select "weighted scores"

Thanks. I can't believe I thought just clicking "weighted scores' would do it. doh.gif Hopefully my mistake will help someone else out as well!

There's favoritism in every walk of life... Drum corps is no different

Yes, that is true. Some of the favoritism is more obvious than subtle.

If a judge is persistently giving a particular unit a lower score than his peers, the questions beg is he/she a more observant judge? is every unit in the contest scored lower? are placements and spreads relative to judging peers at most other shows.

Earlier this season someone mentioned that they were adopting the cause of charting each judge and the score that judge would give each unit. Though a tedious trial to embrace, it would be revealing beyond bias and rumor what patterns of grading reveal as fact.

Judges who consistently use a different standard with any unit should be excluded.

There was previously talk of one particular former friend of George Zingali always giving his units lower scores. Rumors abounded that it was a rejected lover's revenge. When confronted that judge said he held Zingali and his unit to a higher standard because he knew the capabilities possible. Unit called foul. Judge persisted that he was "maximizing his review." A charting of the flow of scores even after GZ had moved to another unit seemed to back the contention that the judge was not impartial to his review of GZ's units. Zingali died before it was resolved but that judge is still with us.

A similar numerical analysis of ordinals, raw scores, spreads, and placements would be quite revealing.

On the other hand, there are the questions of over generousity with less protests by units that they were overscored.

The debate will continue ad nauseum ad infinitum about the drum scores at Jackson championships in '93.

• Like 1

Great statement..... I hope someone does that work because its high time judges were held to the standards of fairness for everyone regardless of factors present. Spurs fans cringe when Joey Crawford refs because of the year suspension after throwing Tim Duncan out for smiling on the bench.