... _ _ _ ... Any Clue ?

I don't here it in that video clip... I mean I hear what you are talking about, but I don't interpret it as . . ._ _ _ . . .

That is another common thought (either 'Save Our Ship' or 'Save Our Souls') that was used by folks.

Not a surprise since the very same Robert W. Smith who wrote/arranged the 84 Suncoast show also arranged this year's Madison show...

My WW2 Navy vet dad said it stands for Save Our Souls as a distress signal.

You're both right - the "Save Our Souls" was added after the SOS was in place.

Yeah I did Morse along with language in the Air Force 40 years ago.

I used the SOS code in an arrangement of Victory At Sea for Archer Epler about 30 years ago - thought I was pretty cool. Nobody on Earth got it.

I also spelled out something pretty tacky that thank God nobody got. I cut that before they got to DCA in case any of those old time National Judges remembered Morse Code.

Amazing the silly crap you do when you're young.

more explicitly, morse code signal for distress that is commonly associated as SOS. Technically/historically, it actually means nothing from a verbal iteration standpoint. It was first used my Germans, and then codified when International leaders agreed that it was a VERY easy combination of morse code gestures to do in a pinch during an emergency. Because the signals form an 'S' (short dot, short dot, short dot or ... in morse code), an 'O' (long, long, long, or _ _ _) and then a second 'S,' people shortened it verbally to 'SOS'

Surprised no one mentioned the Titanic was the first to use it during an actual emergency. At least haven't seen any rebuttal yet. The ships radio crew (both of them) started with the standard CQD and then switched to the just approved SOS.

Boy Scouts used to (still do?) have a merit badge for learning either Morse Code or Semaphore. Was hoping someone would explain if having Morse in a show was part of Madisons past when they were connected with BSA.