Sad for some left out of the top 12

There are some good shows this year, such as Blue Stars, Crossmen, Troopers, and Colts. I know this occurs every year, but I feel bad when someone who has a good product doesn't make finals. The competition is close which is good for DCI. Hopefully, those who don't make finals can use this year as a spring board for even better success next year.

I think the saddest part of not making TOP 12 Status, and performing on Finals Night, is that the shows are lost to later years viewing on Fan Network. We can get the current non Top 12 shows on Fan Network, but not most years. And there were some VERY entertaining and watchable shows over the years that just missed out on TOP 12 status, and as a result were lost to the fans of both then and fans of today.

Edited by BRASSO

It's unfortunate that finals is only Top 12, but there are more than 12 corps and somebody has to not make the last night :(

Just enjoy the shows!

With 12 being more than Half, I kinda think Finals should be Top 10, but that's just me.

More on topic, yes there are lots of great corps this year, and inevitably some will be on the outside looking in. As a fan, that's nothing but good, and with FN EVERY corps will have video of performances preserved.

There are some good shows this year, such as Blue Stars, Crossmen, Troopers, and Colts. I know this occurs every year, but I feel bad when someone who has a good product doesn't make finals. The competition is close which is good for DCI. Hopefully, those who don't make finals can use this year as a spring board for even better success next year.

I've often wondered how that plays with the kids who were raised in the new age "everybody wins" era - where every kid gets a trophy even if his team never scores a run or a point...

It's healthy, and having been on both ends of it, you pick up, dust off, get back to work.

I'm pulling for my daughter's corps, Crossmen, to get in, but I hope we've taught her enough about life, and drum corps, that she knows what a great experience she's getting no matter how it cuts.

BTW she's having a blast - from what she says the corps' staff is handling the competitive thing perfectly - "don't worry about points, scores, placement - sell our show and let us fix what needs to be fixed."

I've seen some summers ruined by folks who spend all their time laying it off on judging, etc. It's oompetition and when it's handled right, everybody wins.

But just the same "Go Crossmen!" oh... and for my older daughter "Go Boston!" oh and for my son Raymond, "Go 7th Regiment!"

Crazy summer to be a dad... almost glad the other two are aged out and done with it... (for now)