Thank You Oregon Crusaders

So a little backstory. I live in the Texas panhandle, the little part that sticks up. We probably got more rain in the last two days than the rest of the year combined. We've been needing it badly. The Oregon Crusaders were rehearsing in Bushland Texas about 30 minutes away from where I live and 45 minutes from where I work. They posted the following pic. and statement on Facebook:

935043_10152995652050162_1674519453_n.jpg

"For months, east Texas has been suffering through a debilitating drought. But as the Oregon Crusaders arrived today near Amarillo in Bushland, Texas, they received more than 2 inches of rain. And to that, we humbly say "You're Welcome." — at Bushland High School."

This made my horrible week I've been having a lot better. I might just have to stop by their souvie booth in San Antonio and say thank you in person. (It's technically West Texas, but who cares? I think the panhandle should be North Texas, not Dallas and El Paso West Texas, but whatever!) :tongue:

Maybe this was stupid to post, but it made me laugh, a lot when I needed it. So thank you Oregon! :thumbup: Bring some more rain from the Pacific Northwest next year! :smile:

It's the little things in life.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 7

Great story! Also, we wouldn't mind sending you some rain from Georgia too, it's been crazy rainy this summer!

We have some heat and humidity we could send your way from the north east too! Lol

First 4:00pm thunderstorms for like two weeks straight.. now a heat wave... with the a crap ton of ozone... and let's not talk about the predicted heat index for Friday.

Glad you guys got some rain though.. weather patterns have been effed up this year.

Will do! None with tornadoes though, I hate those. You guys don't want those. lol :tongue:

Last week the temperatures were low 100s, this week they've been 65 - 75 highs with mid 50s or lows. We set a record low temperature Monday, that was from the 1800s! TOTALLY unseasonal but completely welcome! Oregon picked a good time to stop through again this year! They stopped here last year as well.

Edited by DrumManTx

Will do! None with tornadoes though, I hate those. You guys don't want those. lol :tongue:/>

Last week the temperatures were low 100s, this week they've been 65 - 75 highs with mid 50s or lows. We set a record low temperature Monday, that was from the 1800s! TOTALLY unseasonal but completely welcome! Oregon picked a good time to stop through again this year! They stopped here last year as well.

We actually had a tornado about a month ago in Mcminnville. Took a couple buildings out. minimal damage though.

Yeah don't send those. We want Lightning. Lots.

We actually had a tornado about a month ago in Mcminnville. Took a couple buildings out. minimal damage though.

Yeah don't send those. We want Lightning. Lots.

Hope everyone's ok!

And yes, we have a wall of windows in our living room and the lightning storms are BEAUTIFUL with the lights off and the blinds open. They make for some beautiful picture ops as well.

I lived in Portland for 5 years ( Lake Oswego) It rains in Oregon A lot! I guess they did bring it with them!

Hope everyone's ok!

And yes, we have a wall of windows in our living room and the lightning storms are BEAUTIFUL with the lights off and the blinds open. They make for some beautiful picture ops as well.

Omg I want pictures x_x