Spirit of Atlanta 2013

Hey...that's the way of the world these days. Corps rarely develop a musical theme anymore...it's a few bars, broken up, with drum breaks throughout. As far as I'm concerned, we can all thank BD for that, as their shows have been designed that way for the last few years.

Well, we can thank the Music judges for rewarding it. If musical development were rewarded, we'd hear more of it. As it is, snippets and echos amount to effect and quality arranging, apparently. I don't think the sheets emphasize development over time, at least not in terms I recognize, so maybe that's the problem.

• Like 1

After attending the Hall of Fame show, I must say I was blown by several corps, including Spirt. OMG, the best the have been since their last big hey day show in the 80s. The show is so well put together and clever. The theme is great and boy do they sell the #### out of it. Excited to see them this weekend!

It was a fantastic night of drum corps. If you haven't been to that show, I highly recommend it.

It is a great venue. Everyone is friendly and what a great, welcoming crowd.

Edited by cadetzoid

After attending the Hall of Fame show, I must say I was blown by several corps, including Spirt. OMG, the best the have been since their last big hey day show in the 80s. The show is so well put together and clever. The theme is great and boy do they sell the #### out of it. Excited to see them this weekend!

It was a fantastic night of drum corps. If you haven't been to that show, I highly recommend it.

It is a great venue. Everyone is friendly and what a great, welcoming crowd.

They have a good staff now and are heading the right direction. Spirit is the next Carolina Crown...and there is ZERO reason that should not happen.

• Like 1

Great job tonight!!! Now excuse me while I find my face. I think it landed back on Row 20.

Looking at the Recaps: Spirit's Guard placed higher than both Madison and Cavies. And Spirit's Brass beat Blue Knights. Great job and great show! Keep getting better!!!

Looking at the Recaps: Spirit's Guard placed higher than both Madison and Cavies. And Spirit's Brass beat Blue Knights. Great job and great show! Keep getting better!!!

Nothing against the Blue Stars but I am so happy to see Spirit take back the 11th spot and open a bit of a spread (albeit just 1 point). I really hoped that Spirit would score close to BK and Boston as I really feel their show, talent, sound, execution, guard, percussion....the whole package, is more in line with the corps in the group ahead of them than those just behind.

I'm not sure how many age outs they have this year but I do not think it is many. I'm pretty sure they are fairly young. Their challenge, and the same challenge corps that place on the cusp of Finals, is to retain those members that might be drawn to the higher placing corps. Hopefully they can keep many of these members and grow further next year.

• Like 1