Kennesaw, GA Review

You are correct!

Thank you so much for the review Sean!

The idea seems to have some gaps in it. We jump from Zingali, to Royer, to 27th Lancers to Bridgeman, to 1980 Spirit?????? What is the connecting idea?

What is the connecting idea? The entire segment is about "yesterday"...thus the flags that say "seems only like yesterday". All of those pictured in the flags have been lost...they are gone and it is Spirit's tribute to their memory. I found it rather touching.

As for someone new watching that might not understand...I would bet that the majority of the audiences get it. If someone new doesn't understand, then they can ask and be educated. As a new spectator, they should have many questions about the activity, and someone in the know around them can clue them in. I think it's pretty neat. Or, they simply might not care and never ask a question. But I don't think Spirit or any other drum corps should necessarily design every element of their show as if only young and new fans are watching. A nod to the past is rather heartwarming and endearing IMHO.

I can't wait to see it on DVD.

Phantom:

WOW!  Where do I being.  I think I can honestly say that this has a great chance of being THE show.  Their sound is amazing.  I like the fact that their percussion section seems to have a larger role this yr.  Their guard somehow managed to top themelves from last yr.  Everything just clicked with this show.  The design, the drill, the music, the guard work - eveything.  It was amazing.  This is the best show I've seen this yr.  Very worthy of a title in my opinion.  The sound this hornline creates is noithing short of spectatular.

www.axe-adams.com

B)

Thanks for the great review!!!

I am so excited to be going to Indy this weekend, too.

The Spirit flag deal seems like it drags on and on. The idea seems to have some gaps in it. We jump from Zingali, to Royer, to 27th Lancers to Bridgeman, to 1980 Spirit?????? What is the connecting idea? It seemed like random drum corps history just thrown on the field to get applause.

Huh ??

~G~

I saw Spirit in Denver. I was with some friends who, like myself have fond memories of 27 and Bayonne. I thought what Spirit did was wonderful during October. It was so classy and moving. When I saw the flags I felt a little tear trickle down my cheek. It was a beautiful moment.

Thank You Spirit for what you do.

The idea seems to have some gaps in it.  We jump from Zingali, to Royer, to 27th Lancers to Bridgeman, to 1980 Spirit?????? What is the connecting idea?

What is the connecting idea? The entire segment is about "yesterday"...thus the flags that say "seems only like yesterday". All of those pictured in the flags have been lost...they are gone and it is Spirit's tribute to their memory. I found it rather touching.

As for someone new watching that might not understand...I would bet that the majority of the audiences get it.

As far as folks not getting it....I had a busload of kids with last night in Jacksonville. Nope, they had no clue what the pictures represented, but they understood that there was some significance. I "passed" a quick explanation to those sitting around me and they seemed to appreciate it. After their show I explained it to all. When they see Spirit again (on a tape or DVD) they'll know and appreciate it.

As far as the October segment goes......I think it was all nicely done, but I'd like to see something added at the end to draw more attention to the old uni sop in the backfield.....how about another picture banner during the Let it be Me quote......what about a Jim Ott banner?????????? Think about it Spirit....

I live in the upper midwest and saw several shows in MN and WI before July 7. I can see from reading the reviews that next year, I'll want to get to some end of season shows too. Sounds as if many have added and changed. The one I noticed the most in this review is Spirit. I saw the show when the flags just said the four words.

Betsy