Allentown 2013

I think they'll need to be really, really clean to win, though. Like... "Stonehenge" clean. If they give us a "Four Corners," game over, BD wins.

Wow, really? IMHO, Stonehenge was one of the dirtiest championship shows ever. EVER.

Have you listened to that show with an open ear lately? I love me some Cadets, but 1998 was just an atrocious year all around the activity as far as the depth of field, finals performances, plus the Finals being Drums in the Slums i.e. Orlando didn't help.

Edit: Their ballad from that show I would take in a heartbeat over anything in the past 10 years though. That was emotional, deep, and EASILY the best part of that "championship" performance. In fact, anything from 90's Cadets ballads I will take without hesitation. But Crown is already > Stonehenge 3 weeks ago if you ask me.

Edited by IMcomguy

Like I said, a month ago, I would've agreed with you, because Crown indisputably had the best show on the field a month ago.

I'll put it another way. If "For the Common Good" wasn't a DCI champion, I'm not sure it's safe to say "E = MC^2" will be. Partially because of the competition: "Re:Rite of Spring" > "Cabaret Voltaire," and Cadets this year definitely > Cadets last year. I don't feel that way about Crown, to be honest. FTCG was more of a powerhouse, to me.

Then again, percussion notwithstanding, I bet EMC2 will be a cleaner show that FTCG was, which is kind of what matters the most right now. I think they'll need to be really, really clean to win, though. Like... "Stonehenge" clean. If they give us a "Four Corners," game over, BD wins.

I'm really looking forward to Re:Write if it is so much better this year than Cabaret Voltaire was while FtCG was better than Crown's show this year.

• Like 1

Lol, no it isn't the same as 1985 SCV. Doing a "magic trick" isn't the ripoff. Having people run thru a tunnel and change clothes isn't the ripoff. The ripoff is having someone go into a "doorway" and reappear as if "teleported" from another "doorway" somewhere else on the field. That is a pretty specific theme that was used REALLY recently. With your broad interpretation you could boil anything down to being a ripoff...both corps have uniforms? RIPOFF! Both shows are marched by humans? RIPOFF! Both corps are created from the same basic building blocks of nature? RIPOFF!

This is a very specific theme of "guy enters portal and is teleported and comes out other portal instantly". That is a VERY specific idea that looks like it is being completely ripped off. But hey, put on your purple blinders and try to not see what is right in front of you.

Cough, cough, Cadets 2005, cough, cough. Someone going through one door and getting instantly teleported through another one. Guess BD ripped it off from someone else. :tongue:

• Like 1

Wow, really? IMHO, Stonehenge was one of the dirtiest championship shows ever. EVER.

Have you listened to that show with an open ear lately? I love me some Cadets, but 1998 was just an atrocious year all around the activity as far as the depth of field, finals performances, plus the Finals being Drums in the Slums i.e. Orlando didn't help.

Edit: Their ballad from that show I would take in a heartbeat over anything in the past 10 years though. That was emotional, deep, and EASILY the best part of that "championship" performance. In fact, anything from 90's Cadets ballads I will take without hesitation. But Crown is already > Stonehenge 3 weeks ago if you ask me.

Maybe from a music and guard point, but that show was stupidly clean. Check out the company front about 7 minutes in. Check out that foot timing and placement. You could run a ruler under those kids feet

Cough, cough, Cadets 2005, cough, cough. Someone going through one door and getting instantly teleported through another one. Guess BD ripped it off from someone else. tongue.gif

Cough cough, Houdini was too minus doors, plus boxes, cough cough. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Not everything has to be original, but just because it isn't doesn't make it a rip-off. It's a cool thing that's practical to do, of course it'll be repeated.

Maybe from a music and guard point, but that show was stupidly clean. Check out the company front about 7 minutes in. Check out that foot timing and placement. You could run a ruler under those kids feet

OK, we can agree then that dirt in the music didn't match the superior visual aspects of the show. I'll agree watching it is much different. :)

If I recall she went into the same door and came out the same door.

No, the doors rotated, and it was a different person each time. If you look close, you can see the guard person exit out the back of the prop. That's how they had all four of the girls at the end of the show.

Cough cough, Houdini was too minus doors, plus boxes, cough cough. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Not everything has to be original, but just because it isn't doesn't make it a rip-off. It's a cool thing that's practical to do, of course it'll be repeated.

I know. I was pointing out that BD wasn't the first to do the whole effect, so calling Crown a rip-off isn't exactly fair if they were taking the idea from someone else.

I know. I was pointing out that BD wasn't the first to do the whole effect, so calling Crown a rip-off isn't exactly fair if they were taking the idea from someone else.

I'm just attempting to validate your point is all.