$30 for a family of four?

I think they're just trying to fill the stadium, and perhaps ticket sales are under their projections. (?)

I understand that, but to offer it only to Indiana residents? Seems pretty low to me. a family of 4 from Van Wert, OH (about 10 minutes from Indiana) in the cheapest seats has to pay at least $170 plus fees.

• Like 1

Meh. They're trying to fill the far edges and nosebleed seats, to show more people what it is all about and get more bodies to absorb the echo. I think they did this last year as well, and it designates the VALUE sections, which are going to be the least-optimal view.

In-state discounts are a commonly used marketing tool. We FL types get to go the theme parks cheaper, etc.

• Like 1

Meh. They're trying to fill the far edges and nosebleed seats, to show more people what it is all about and get more bodies to absorb the echo. I think they did this last year as well, and it designates the VALUE sections, which are going to be the least-optimal view.

In-state discounts are a commonly used marketing tool. We FL types get to go the theme parks cheaper, etc.

It actually designated value OR super. I know the super aren't great, but they aren't terrible either.

I guess I'm just shocked at the massive discount they are offering.

Go find another storm in a teacup to ##### about.

Is it possible for anyone on this site to post a comment without getting a smart a.s.s response? DCI wonders why its fan base isn't growing...

In any case, I suppose I'm just not sure why they don't open this to everyone after a certain date. Per Rifuarian's request, I'll stop #####ing now. I apologize for my intrusion into the DCP World Class Forum.

Edited by sabrefan62
  • Like 2

Per Rifuarian's request, I'll stop #####ing now. Class Forum.

Thanks! And also thank you for reposting this on DCP so that more Indiana residents can find out about it. I'll try and keep it bumped. 15 bucks is still too much for me to pay to watch drum corps in the ThunderBarn, but for many others it's probably not. Hopefully you and I can work together to get some butts in those seats.

Edited by Rifuarian
  • Like 2

It actually designated value OR super. I know the super aren't great, but they aren't terrible either.

But they are "best-available" and can only be purchased the day of finals.

99% of what is available in Super and Value on Saturday will be terrible. Heck, search for 4 tickets available within Value-Super today and you'll see it's already a choice of bad and worse.

Edited by mingusmonk

It's not an uncommon tactic. Some lower demand Broadway shows fill their seats on the day of performance with "rush" tickets for students and last minute tickets from a discount booth in Times Square. And those discounts can be deep compared to full value tickets.