Big, Loud and Live 10

Next to the Googleplex in Mountain View. GO BLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Amazing how fast it goes from nobody around to a turnout about as good or better than Akron's.

In some theater in Snowden River/Columbia, Maryland. About 40 people here. Many storms in the area and very humid. Feed needs to be louder.

I'm a little disappointed with the turnout here in Columbia, SC. Probably less than a third of the crowd that showed up in June. I know at least five of the local high schools started band camp this week, so perhaps that's why.

Honestly, I'd really love to hear less commentating. I don't really care what you have to say of it's being said over the preshow.

Disappointing turnout in Ann Arbor, Michigan, currently about 12 people in the audience. I'm hoping that number rises as the night goes on, but it doesn't seem like it. Some observations about the movie theater experience:

Pros: no line for the bathroom, food, sound is pretty loud (at least in my theater).

Cons: first the obvious; it's a theater, and not live. It's impossible to not feel a level of disconnection from it with a screen between you and the performer. But kind of another negative is actually the sound. It's loud, yes, but its also movie theater surround sound. While this is great for a movie, the product results in a slight delay on any sounds behind me, and when the product on screen is supposed to be entirely in front of you, it actually creates some pretty harsh phasing, and causes even the cleanest of groups to sound dirty. We haven't heard a clean snare line yet.

Other than that, it really is a mostly pleasant experience. Especially considering it's about a quarter of the price, and its in a well tempered climate.