ESarn Drumline and Prelims!

The theater I was at in Texas, ESarn brought the house down. The kids responded to ESarn more than any other thing. Santa Clara received by far the most aplause. The least? Blue Devils. There was actual booing of BD in the theater, before the start of their show.

And how about the shirtless ESarn crazy guy with the gong, with the tiny hand cymbals, and all the goofiness?

That's what I call Constantly Risking Absurdidty!

Job Well Done!

aAhyahaaaahaya - ayaaayayayaya....

• Like 2

I'm totally excited for the ESarn kids. I'd love to hear the back story on how the trip was funded because there aren't a lot of kids in Thailand who could afford such a trip. I'm guessing Yamaha had a hand in it.

Way to represent Thailand, ESarn. What a great way to showcase Asian drumlines.

The theater I was at in Texas, ESarn brought the house down. The kids responded to ESarn more than any other thing. Santa Clara received by far the most aplause. The least? Blue Devils. There was actual booing of BD in the theater, before the start of their show.

And how about the shirtless ESarn crazy guy with the gong, with the tiny hand cymbals, and all the goofiness?

That's what I call Constantly Risking Absurdidty!

Job Well Done!

aAhyahaaaahaya - ayaaayayayaya....

There were quite a few bandos at my location who found it necessary to laugh and giggle st the "front man" for ESarn. His performance was pretty typical for some types of entertainment in Thailand. It's too bad the kids couldn't understand the cultural differences. Some of them quieted down a bit when I told them he'd probably laugh his ### off watching their band. But, in the end, they all applauded. Probably because it was pretty clear the ESarn kids could play!

They were AWESOME!!!