Did Crown peak too early?

Did Crown peak too early?

No!

I suspect you are trolling...

No!

I suspect you are trolling...

That is a reasonable question, particularly based on a huge jump in percussion over one night. Not unheard of, but definately out of sorts for a struggling percussion section with a good but largely unmemorable book. NOTE: I think the take away for Hannum is...build a book that supports the music, but make sure you put enough features in to showcase the line...even if it means breaking away from the shows tempo and flow long enough to do it.

My question to you is...if that was said about BD, I suppose that would not considered trolling in your thinking?

Edited by Plan9

I'll let you know in 12 hours. That's when we'll know for sure when they peak.

That is a reasonable question, particularly based on a huge jump in percussion over one night. Not unheard of, but definately out of sorts for a struggling percussion section with a good but largely unmemorable book. NOTE: I think the take away for Hannum is...build a book that supports the music, but make sure you put enough features in to showcase the line...even if it means breaking away from the shows tempo and flow long enough to do it.

I think a more apt question is this: was Crown huge jump in percussion a fluke or will it hold a bit tonight?

Regardless, spreads in many other captions were fairly large, and as pointed out in the Semifinals thread if BD had retained a 1 point spread on Blue Devils in percussion last night, Crown STILL would have won (albeit by .125 or something insanely slim). An equally apt question might be if Crown's spreads hold elsewhere (like in brass, for example)?

I honestly don't know; I suspected Crown's number is somewhere in between the lowest depths they've gotten and the highest. I would not be surprised if Pipitone scores them on the lower side: he's definitely not afraid to put a huge spread & call the Championship (right, Blue Devils 2008?). They sure looked and sounded great on the FN live stream, but so did Blue Devils. Honestly, it's impossible to tell unless you're on the field or the press box evaluating the corps from the rubric on the sheets. One thing's for sure, both corps are outstanding and I can't wait to see what happens tonight!!