Corps participation fees?

1376876274[/url]' post='3314481']

Looks like Crown, with all fees, charges about $3400 total for camps, tuition, registration, uniforms, etc.

Pioneer, on the other end of the WC results scale, is about $2500 with tuition and camp fees.

So....300,000 dollars on average for a corps. Average cost to tour is what.....500,000 to 1 million? Are those budgets include operating expenses, salaries, staff, etc.

I heard BD was between 1500-2000 with camp and tuition...

I don't think that includes board during spring training.

I don't think that includes board during spring training.

You are correct. Members must house and feed themselves during pre tour.

Indeed BD's 2014 application page says "Your financial obligation to the Blue Devils for the 2014 season will be approximately $1,500.00 - $2,200.00." The way that's written, I assume it includes uniform fees, camps, etc. Looks like Vanguard is $2,250 plus $300-450 in camp fees. But BD and SCV are the most financially sound corps, so they don't need to depend as much on member fees as most other corps.

As for the total revenue, Garfield has done quite a bit of research into this area. Crown puts on a couple of shows, and does some off-season fundraising, plus they run an band-equipment sales operation and an online ticketing operation. Of course, the top corps probably get $200,000 at least in appearance fees and DCI revenue sharing. Could be a lot more than that, I'm not sure, and the impact of the TOC on that line item is not 100% clear.

So....300,000 dollars on average for a corps. Average cost to tour is what.....500,000 to 1 million? Are those budgets include operating expenses, salaries, staff, etc.

My math has it at 350k to 500k in member fees on the revenue side pf the quqation.

I will look for some information off of Guidestar to fill in the gaps, but I have heard 1 million to 1.3 annual operating costs for a world class corps with a full touring schedule.

Blue Devils (Blue Devil Parents Assoc.) for FYE December 2011 stated on their 990 form that the A corps had program services expenses of just over $2 million will income of just over $1.2 million. B and C corps come closer to breaking even on expenses v. revenues. Near as I can tell: $1.8 million in Bingo revenues. Gotta love those bingo halls!