Crown Ending

Not sure about that. The 2008 and 2012 endings stand out to me as the best visually. 2009 was the best musically. 2013 is pretty decent but not up to par, IMO.

Agreed

2008 was incredible - with they could have won that year. 2012 very strong as well.

2013 was ok - not bad - they did a great job "maxing it out" for what it was, very well performed - but the drill wasn't much compared to the other years you've mentioned.

I like it because it linked the science and love themes and completed the story.

This^^^^

The drill was nothing spectacular, but the effect was through the roof for me.

I won't say it was perfect. But it's hard to imagine a better way to tie in everything they were trying to convey with this show.

I think I can understand why the ending might just be eh for some people. Crown sure loves their reprises, but sometimes it's like I see a Crown show, hear the preshow and think, well, I'm just going to hear this twice now. Which, I know, that's what a reprise is. but. if people weren't so bananas for Crown, that they often play the same material close to exactly the same at least twice in a lot of their shows recently would probably get called out more for being stale and old hat. BD kinda copped out and did that this year too it seemed to me. BD's ending was excellent visually holy moly.

I was kind of hoping for something better after they unveiled the "new" ending. It's good, but it's pretty much the same ending as the last 6 or so years with some wormholes.

Then you should really be blown away by the wormhole ending I just watched from the upcoming 2016 season.

• Like 3

To be technical, they modified the ending a couple times. The original ending was pretty bland to me. I knew it would change. The finals ending, with the worm hole, was freaking clever. Major GE in my books. However, I liked the ending they had at the end of July, going into the Atlanta regional. They still made the crown but they had that one guard girl just sprint down the field on that crunch chord. I REALLY thought that was cool. I also enjoyed seeing the guard run their ##### off. I'm sure they HATED rehearsing that part.