Crossmen 2014

DCFAN

That Caravan ending is awesome!!!

Pretty happy with the drill design even from the point of view this video was shot. There are some spots where I want to see more movement but the design team usually fixes that kind of thing before the end of the season. However, at 9:56-10:04 I think it is tasteful for them to be standing still. And I hope I see what I think I see which is a cross at the final set. Also, those unis move well on the field. I like them. They look clean and fierce.

Brass sounds good. The score has some good difficulty in it and I bet you there will be some rewrites that will add even more. It's easy to sound thin at this point in the season and they've avoided that pretty well.

They will do well with this show.

Xbones please explain

1st show 2014 Clovis

Crossmen-62.2

Good stuff.

Saw the Fan Network show from Stanford late last night. This was the first time I saw any video of the corps any higher than the 10th row. Wow. It really made a difference. The drill design this year is very, very good. The sequence at the end where the make a "40" very briefly before going into the signature cross blew me away.

Two judges in a row have put them above Blue Knights in Visual Analysis and they edged them in GE-Visual last night (or "GE 1" as the sheets are calling it this year)

The other captions are solid. I haven't heard the music enough to really appreciate the arrangements and such. The score of 63.95 is a good score for the Crossmen for June 21st. Here are the June 21st scores for the last few seasons:

2011: 60.9

2012: 62.1

2013: 61.7

2014: 63.95

I hope it's not the semi-mythical "West Coast Inflation". The judges panel were a bunch of familiar names.

• Like 3