Overall Quality?

Hi foliks,

I have an honest question here for those who have been around a lot longer than I have. Having been directly involved in DCA for only two years as drum major for Atlanta CV, I have developed an impression based on my pre-concieved thoughts regarding "senior" corps, that grow out of my (probably warped) impressions from my junior corps days back in the '80s.

Take this with absolutely no disrespect to anyone past, present and future in any way shape or form but it seems to me that while the raw number of corps may be decreasing overall, the quality of the finalist corps (as well as others) seems to be getting better and better. It seems to me that there are many more corps stepping up to the plate and challenging for higher and higher placements than in the past.

I would be interested in getting the thoughts of those that have been around a lot longer than I have on this. Again, please do not read anything into this as being a slight to any corps at any time. Just curious if my impressions are shared.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan:

There isn't any question that the overall quality has gone up exponentially. This was in my opinion the strongest top 10 ever.

I always say that probably the best thing that has happened since this run by Reading -and yes I'm prejudiced- is that it forced corps to step up their game. Some have met the challenge -I'm pointing my finger right at you Cabs and MBI- and others have not.

Other corps have made quantum leaps performance wise and have met the challenge. CV is without question one of those corps and along with Fusion have stepped up to the challenge and the quality of performance has gone through the roof.

If it means anything Dan I had you guys in 4th at finals. Great performance of a great show.

George

Dan:

There isn't any question that the overall quality has gone up exponentially. This was in my opinion the strongest top 10 ever.

I always say that probably the best thing that has happened since this run by Reading -and yes I'm prejudiced- is that it forced corps to step up their game. Some have met the challenge -I'm pointing my finger right at you Cabs and MBI- and others have not.

Other corps have made quantum leaps performance wise and have met the challenge. CV is without question one of those corps and along with Fusion have stepped up to the challenge and the quality of performance has gone through the roof.

If it means anything Dan I had you guys in 4th at finals. Great performance of a great show.

George

George, you words of kindness are greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that many many people are starting to view CV in a new light. I think I am safe in saying this but we truely feel that 1st, 4th, 6th or 16th didn't really matter. The exciting part of what is going on down here is that we feel the organization as a whole is moving forward in a possitive manner. From recruiting to finances to programing to community recognition and involvement...it just all seems to pointing up. We're excited!

Having said all that, it is pretty clear that we are not the only ones that seem to be doing some things correctly. C2, Fusion, Bush, not to mention you guys MBI and Cabs...all seem to be improving by leaps and bounds. Not to mention all the Class A corps doing great things. This is definitely an exciting time to be around DCA.

Dan

• Like 1

George, you words of kindness are greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that many many people are starting to view CV in a new light. I think I am safe in saying this but we truely feel that 1st, 4th, 6th or 16th didn't really matter. The exciting part of what is going on down here is that we feel the organization as a whole is moving forward in a possitive manner. From recruiting to finances to programing to community recognition and involvement...it just all seems to pointing up. We're excited!

Having said all that, it is pretty clear that we are not the only ones that seem to be doing some things correctly. C2, Fusion, Bush, not to mention you guys MBI and Cabs...all seem to be improving by leaps and bounds. Not to mention all the Class A corps doing great things. This is definitely an exciting time to be around DCA.

Dan

I'm still in love that the "other" Atlanta corps also played Interstellar Suite!! Loved both versions