Blue Stars 2014 "Where the Heart Is"

Please explain, not sure what you mean?

The percussion judge was sampling ("paying attention to," in a sense) different parts of the show as he/she was evaluating them on different nights. Perhaps paying more attention to battery on one night, and front ensemble the other?

Which brings up the question...are the percussion judges currently evaluating from the field or from the booth?

The percussion judge was sampling ("paying attention to," in a sense) different parts of the show as he/she was evaluating them on different nights. Perhaps paying more attention to battery on one night, and front ensemble the other?

Which brings up the question...are the percussion judges currently evaluating from the field or from the booth?

Good question, no idea. Looking forward to complete panels across the board. So hard to get a real read this time of year.

I picked them at eleventh myself; that was back in January, when you picked them in tenth.

I counted 84 different posts that predicted at least a top twelve. If anyone picked multiple corps for 12th and that group included Blue Stars, I counted that as 12th. If anyone picked only a top twelve and didn't list the Blue Stars, I counted that as 13th. Some people offered more than one prediction over the ten months between the thread's appearance and the first show of the season (which was my cut-off); I tried not to count any of those twice, but I probably did. I did not count BRASSO's list, which he specified was his desire rather than his prediction; I would note that in that wish list he had Blue Stars in 6th. This is what I found:

8th place -- 1

9th place -- 3

10th place -- 15

11th place -- 19

12th place -- 17

- - - - - - - - - - -

13th place -- 23

14th place -- 5

15th place -- 1

So 55 people picked Blue Stars to make Finals, and 29 people picked them to miss Finals.

In early January, when only 8 predictions had yet been made (before yours, in fact), someone had already complained about "everyone putting Blue Stars out of Finals".

I went all the way up to yesterday. Even with scores being 4 points higher than their competition people still had them out all the way up to yesterday. And I hope they add color to the tarps but what I was told when i talked to someone was the original plan was black. That was around the first week of the season. It took a while to get the flats last year so i expect them for La Crosse. I know they were in just in time for Minneapolis.

they are on the field now.