Next corps to become world class

I am aware that City Sound has not left California, but within the next few years they hope to. I am marching with them this upcoming season, and I plan on staying with them for a while.

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

IF Genesis decides to make the move, I wish them the grestest of luck.

Personally, now that all the corps are on the same set of sheets, why not have all corps in the same class.

Since there is somewhat of a stigma related to Open Class, why not create one class and subdivide to Full Tour, Partial Tour and Regional.

From year to year, a corps can state their intentions and DCI can evaluate the corps ability to sustain their request.

This way, if a corps is having financial issues, they dont have to decide to disolve their corps, just go on a lesser tour.

before you state that a strong corps will stay put so they can win year after year, Open Class already has that scenerio with SCVC, BDB and occasionally Spartans.

Edited by OldBones

Before you state that a strong corps will stay put so they can win year after year, Open Class already has that scenario with SCVC, BDB, and occasionally Spartans.

Interestingly, for the past ten years, it would be slightly more accurate to say "BDB, Spartans, and occasionally SCVC". For 2004-2013, BDB and Spartans each won three times, while SCVC won twice. The other two victories went to Academy and Oregon Crusaders, who moved to World Class. There is one twist: in 2005, Spartans won the Div. II championship, but that was followed by a Div. II/III "Grand Finals", in which Spartans were overtaken by East Coast Jazz, who'd placed second in the Div. II championship. Sort of like O.C. runner-up BDB passing SCVC in the 2013 World Class semifinals.

Which facts aren't meant to detract from your interesting proposal.

Interestingly, for the past ten years, it would be slightly more accurate to say "BDB, Spartans, and occasionally SCVC". For 2004-2013, BDB and Spartans each won three times, while SCVC won twice. The other two victories went to Academy and Oregon Crusaders, who moved to World Class. There is one twist: in 2005, Spartans won the Div. II championship, but that was followed by a Div. II/III "Grand Finals", in which Spartans were overtaken by East Coast Jazz, who'd placed second in the Div. II championship. Sort of like O.C. runner-up BDB passing SCVC in the 2013 World Class semifinals.

Which facts aren't meant to detract from your interesting proposal.

Check out the sheets from Semis night.

Check out the sheets from Semis night.

You mean the fact that SCVC got a penalty for rehearsing in the wrong place? That's why I said "sort of".

Edited by N.E. Brigand