Essentials Blu-ray?

Anyone know if DCI is going to release a third volume of the champions Essentials Blu-ray? Or maybe another volume with various DCI performances that aren't on the first two discs? Been chomping at the bit to see another release from Tom Blair and his crew.... :)

Anyone know if DCI is going to release a third volume of the champions Essentials Blu-ray? Or maybe another volume with various DCI performances that aren't on the first two discs? Been chomping at the bit to see another release from Tom Blair and his crew.... :)

I agree! I love the first two volumes, and look forward to any future offerings. I don't own any of the older Legacy DVD's, so this has been a fantastic way for me to get some great high-def older school drum corps!!

DCI is working on the production of the next installment now. It will be called "Classics" and feature iconic and beloved performances that did not win a title, but represent remarkable achievements in the activity for innovation, entertainment, and corps history. Look for it later this spring.

DCI is working on the production of the next installment now. It will be called "Classics" and feature iconic and beloved performances that did not win a title, but represent remarkable achievements in the activity for innovation, entertainment, and corps history. Look for it later this spring.

Cool, this sounds awesome. Its also going to be fun to speculate which corps will be on the disc...

I guess I'll be the first to guess:

1) 1987 SCV

2) 1985 SCV

3) 1989 Phantom Regiment

4) 2000 Boston Crusaders

5) 1980 27th Lancers

6) 1988 Blue Devils

7) 1990 Star of Indiana

8) 1991 Cavaliers

9) 1992 Crossmen

10) 1993 Star of Indiana

11) 1995 Madison Scouts

12) 2007 Carolina Crown

I'm sure there are more that should or could go on there - just my humble choices..

• Like 2

I like the listing that has been proposed, but I would replace 2007 Carolina Crown with 2009, I'd also include Madison 1999 (Jesus Christ, Superstar), 79 Phantom Regiment, and to add some controversy, 1977 Bridgemen, though their 1976 was the show that changed drum corps and would have to be included.

I was wondering about this - whether a Vol 3 Champions would come out or an alternate collection (2nd place finishes, or fan favorite) since both the 98 Cadets and 04 Cavies might hold up the process. I'm only basing that on their unavailability on the Fan Network for download. I'll take whatever they want to remaster and put out though - I love the 2 blurays collections they've released so far.

Cool, this sounds awesome. Its also going to be fun to speculate which corps will be on the disc...

I guess I'll be the first to guess:

1) 1987 SCV

2) 1985 SCV

3) 1989 Phantom Regiment

4) 2000 Boston Crusaders

5) 1980 27th Lancers

6) 1988 Blue Devils

7) 1990 Star of Indiana

8) 1991 Cavaliers

9) 1992 Crossmen

10) 1993 Star of Indiana

11) 1995 Madison Scouts

12) 2007 Carolina Crown

I'm sure there are more that should or could go on there - just my humble choices..

Very good list. Several of these would be on my list as well, especially Star 1990 and Madison 1995. I'd put SCV 1988 and Blue Devils 1993 on there too.

Very good list. Several of these would be on my list as well, especially Star 1990 and Madison 1995. I'd put SCV 1988 and Blue Devils 1993 on there too.

I like your additions, Jeff.

• Like 1