World Class

Blue Devils 82.000

Santa Clara Vanguard 79.300

Blue Knights 71.050

Crossmen 68.350

Mandarins 63.950

The Academy 63.750

Pacific Crest 62.900

Way to go, Mandarins. Saturday in seventh, Sunday in fifth. I look forward to further jostling between those three corps, although I see that Pacific Crest and Academy are both taking about a week off while Mandarins continue to perform. (Whatever keeps the corps financially stable works for me.)

Open Class

Gold 56.100

Golden Empire 50.700

Impulse 48.850

Watchmen 43.450

City Sound 42.550

Incognito 38.900

Placements unchanged, but small to medium-sized improvements by all six, good to see. It would be great to see Incognito over 50 by their last show on July 13, where nine Open Class corps will compete to be the California champs. Eleven points in thirteen days would be a challenge, but I hope they're working toward that goal.

(Weird to think that between now and then, two corps will perform their entire season: both Columbians and Eruption have just three shows, from July 3 to July 6. Still, small steps are a good start. Thunder tried to move to the next level and had to go dark.)

This is possibly the worst venue for a DCI show.

I think there is an unwritten rule where this show must always be at RCC. jk, in reality, the show is hosted by the RCC Marching Tigers, whom are well known in so. cal. for putting on traditional, super fun field shows during the fall. (think 90's style cool music + cool drill = cool show).

I heard more rumors tonight that there are plans to rebuild the stadium stands, but take that with a grain of salt cause those rumors have been going around for almost 2 decades now :P

Despite the less than ideal stadium, the RCC show always feels like the RCC show, and I think the drum corps community in so. cal. appreciates that.