Oregon Crusaders 2014 - Better late than never

OK Crusaders from out West:

Time to clean and climb!

Congrats to the drumline for beating Crossmen in Mustang.

PAC/OC/Academy/Mandarins: :fight:

I smell a breakthrough show in Little Rock.

OC increased their score from San Antonio to Semis by nearly 10 points last year:

San Antonio: 71.35

Mustang: 74.6

N. Alabama: 75.3

Atlanta: 74.4

Dublin: 75.25

Erie: 76.1

Rome: 76.6

Allentown: 77.15

Massillion 79.4

Semis: 81.05

Edited by luv4corps

There are two, maybe more who marched with Gold and quite a few from SoCal along with one from Overland HS in Aurora, CO. He ages out in 2020! He has his whole marching life still ahead of him.

If OC continues to make the right decisions, they will climb into the top 12 in a year or 2. They are still younger then most. With age, comes higher retention and understanding of the learning process. As an example, I watched SCV color guard learning part of their show in Weed CA this summer as I was passing through to Sacramento. They learned the guard work at a much faster pace then OC's guard. This is basically age differences. The amount of time it takes to learn and remember is just a little bit faster. The faster the learn creates more cleaning and refinement time. OC is already handicapped with the later start for all days.

I hope for OC's sake, they continue to grow, continue to raise their talent level and become a potential threat to the top 12. What a story it would be. Time will tell. In the mean time, I like this years show and I hope they acheive the best performance on semi-finals. Good Luck OC and keep on pushing.

From Atlanta:

OC up 1.5

Academy up 2.9 ... big jump for them

Edited by luv4corps

Two questions: Can OC hold off the surging Academy?

Will both OC and Academy pass Spirit?

(trying to show a little love and interest for the non-finalist corps when all anyone wants to talk about is the color bloo)

Edited by luv4corps

I watched the Atlanta show and thought the changes that went in were better then what was there before. OC still does need to clean up its visual content. There are still spacing issues and some feet issues that need to be fixed. They need to fix these things and get the guard as clean as possible.

I was a little dissapointed that they got passed by Academy and their draw for Allentown is the worst it could be. Anyway, the corps is still the best OC to date and they will crack 80 in Allentown most likely.

All in all, I say this corps is improving each year and in another 2-3 years could be challenging for the top 12. I still think 15th is in reach. It all comes down to the visual performance. Good luck OC.

• Like 1

After the webcast, I completely agree with The Academy passing up Oregon. Oregon since San Antonio completely restaged the color guard in the closer, added a bunch of new flag work, and completely rewrote the drill at the end of the closer. It was all pretty dirty. That said, it's about 100 times more effective and if and when they clean it up, it'll get them some major points. I say The Academy stays ahead through a good part of this week, and Oregon surges finals week and ends up 16th or 15th, because I really don't see how much more Spirit can squeeze out of that show. Oregon needs to clean for their absolute lives the next little under two weeks if they want that to happen. They'll go as high as they can clean.

True, visually I like all the changes too, I just wish they were cleaner all the way across the board. Man, what I wouldn't give to have OC get the extra 2 weeks they lose in late May and June. Oh well, the curse of the NW.

True, visually I like all the changes too, I just wish they were cleaner all the way across the board. Man, what I wouldn't give to have OC get the extra 2 weeks they lose in late May and June. Oh well, the curse of the NW.

If they had those two weeks and the show in its current state would be the week of Drums Along the Rockies (Only two weeks ago? Seems like an eternity), they'd be in the thick of the fight for 12th place, maybe even 11th? I would be my poor college kid savings on it.