Celebration in Brass - Waukee IA

Small chances of showers mainly this morning and into early this afternoon as the last in a series of cold fronts moves over the area. Can't see more than a few hundreths of an inch..so not show affecting at all. Honestly, by the time the show starts it should be cleared off and cooling down quite well for July 2nd. Highs in the mid 60's will be near record cool temps today. Low 50's for lows tonight

• Like 1

Its iowa you cant predict the weather. Sunny one second, tornado the next second, ending in cloudy.

I can predict the weather in Iowa...I do it everyday. :cool:

Weather like today, when your behind a cold front, its pretty easy actually because its cut and dry...its the weather like Monday that becomes a pain...so many factors at once. Today these mostly cloudy skies are just short cumulus that may, with daytime heating, produce a small rain drop or two. But they are clearing off in NW Iowa heading towards the show site, so in my professional opinion, doubt there will be anything more than a spit or two. This show will go on without a weather delay.

Edited by rainshdw08
  • Like 1

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/archiveviewer.php?sector=20&parm=1kmv

Here's a visible sat loop...look at that dry air coming in! About time! haha. Sure isn't typical July Iowa weather for sure.

GE #1: D. Torchia
GE #2: P. Hinman
Visual Ana: K. Giese
Music Ana:B. Johnson
Music Brass:M. Hoskins
Colts 9.30
Blue Devils 9.14
Phantom Regiment 8.57
Cavaliers 8.40
Blue Stars 7.59
Troopers 7.42
Jersey Surf 7.25
Open Class
Colt Cadets 7.08

BD will pop a 90 with that judges lineup.

Phantom will beat Cavaliers too. Maybe even Blue Stars will beat Cavies in GE.

Edited by jjeffeory

BD will pop a 90 with that judges lineup.

Phantom will beat Cavaliers too. Maybe even Blue Stars will beat Cavies in GE.

The question is how will Hoskins score the brass. He had Stars great one night and killed them the next. Hes my X factor on the list and the only one i think thats seen the show(atleast recently).

• Like 1

The Celebration in Brass Facebook page has lots of photos of corps rehearsing from this afternoon. Ticket booth is open right now, VIP tickets are sold out. This show has been close to a sell out the past 3 years, and with great weather tonight you are not going to want to wait until showtime to get your tickets! (They have had backfield tickets ready to use the past couple of years, I suspect they will tonight as well.)

Also, there is some road construction near the stadium, so allow for extra time to arrive and park (Use Hickman instead of University). Parking is available at Waukee High School, Prarieview School, Centennial Park, and on local side streets. No parking on grass due to the large amount of rain the recent weeks.

Go early, buy stuff, have fun!!!