50th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Great so far John. Don't think your views are not appreciated.

Hi Chuck! There are more additions to the uniform coming, I believe an orange and blue stripe or sash across the chest and the sun logo on the other side, if not there already. The show is comprised of all Russian compositions and they portray Russia in 1917 with Larry as the Czar

Brass number up from last year. Brass performance isn't, at least not yet. Very thin sound. The bummer is that the guard is so visually "loud" that it's a real audio-visual disconnect. Guard is good, but right now they are the visual focus for everything..which won't work in a few weeks

Perc is pretty solid. Drill a definite improvement over last year though still segmented too much at times.

Thanks Jack ,i knew the show and the music ,have been following the corps a lot since moving down to Florida ,But very surpised they did away with the corps colors .That alone is a shock to me .Do you know the numbers Brass i know they had 8snares in the parade in New York ,guard size ?Unis sound something like the old Tarheel Sun.I guess i could wait for Big W review he always gives numbers .

Edited by Florida Sun

Hi Chuck! There are more additions to the uniform coming, I believe an orange and blue stripe or sash across the chest and the sun logo on the other side, if not there already. The show is comprised of all Russian compositions and they portray Russia in 1917 with Larry as the Czar

A sash will absolutely help a lot. Thematically it's not really coming across yet, but it's early. I have no doubt it will be a different show in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Chuck, we can discuss this in a pm. They will be adding orange and blue to the uni.

They have 6 snares, 4 toms, 4 bass, but I think there was a personal issue this weekend in the tom section.

Thank you Mr. Adcock for the play by play.

Edited by BassoProfoundo

Was it Hurricanes that played Make my Garden grow last season or someone else ?