"Records are made to be broken."

New High Score Finals NIght  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will BD break 99.15 on Finals Night?

• Yes
    • No

Actually it just asks if BD will break 99.15. You seem to be adding the winning part! :smile:

well, the poll title: new HIGH score-I think most interpret as the highest for the competition. But technically your post is correct.

You bring up an interesting point, BoyWonder. Sometimes it's not how good you are. It's how much better you are than your competition...

That's exactly how scoring is done. How much better (or worse) you are than your competition.

Judging is pretty much on a bell curve in a lot of ways.

Think about it this way. Fathom a scenario in which 2 corps were SO good, so dominant over their competition, that they both score insanely high scores.

Imagine in 2024 The Cadets come on the field, with the Cavs to go on last after them. The Cadets absolutely blow the living crap out of everyone else. The judges have no choice but to give them .2 margins on every subcaption. This puts the Cadets at 99.90. Now the Cavaliers take the field. And they do BETTER than The Cadets. They do better than just .1 points. The judges would have no choice but to put the Cavaliers at 100.25. Is this possible?

The numbers don't mean crap, like everyone says it is the spread that matters.

I think DCI has changed a judging system to where the current "point" system should probably be amended to fit the judging criteria.

Who says BD will win...

I am saying BD will win. And they will win going away. Does that mean Cadets, Coats, SCV, and Crown suck? No way!!!! All those corps are truly amazing and i love all their shows, especially the Bluecoats. I said this in another thread but i wish Bluecoats would have came out to Cali this year. But BD is on a whole different level. They will win by at least 1.5 points.

I had also predicted before the season started that they would win in a landslide. I just hope they don't break 99.15 because Cavs 2002 has a special place in me. Was the first year I saw drum corps live, in Indy towards end of July. I don't care about 2005 Cadets, never saw it live. Just video but they were good. I haven't seen BD this year at all.

If Fugett judges finals night I don't think BD will see any issues in his caption (probably percussion).