Keepsakes from marching

I have my SCV aussie with plume, and star badge. Both sit next to my desk (along with a 1970's Kiltie tam, obtained through strategic trading).

Edited by quietcity

I have my aussie, with my green ageout feather, from 86. I also have a star that beat every corps in the country and another star that only lost one show. I indeed have a Colt triangle, given to me at the reunion last year.

I know that many corps give the members a keepsake for the time they march, usually in the form of a necklace. I'm curious as to what each corps does.

I KNOW these:

Carolina Crown - Colored Bead

Phantom Regiment - Dog Tag

The Cavaliers - Colored Gear

The Blue Devils - Medals/Championship Rings/Facial Hair

Spirit of Atlanta - Delta

The Cadets - The Buckle

The Bluecoats - Coin Necklace

I THINK these:

Santa Clara Vanguard - I think you get to keep the little medalliion with the V on it? Not 100% sure. Plume?

I think I've heard of these giving stuff out I just don't know what they do:

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

EDIT: Added the "plume" suggestion to SCV

EDIT: Coins for Bluecoats

For Clarification: The "keepsake" here is ANYTHING a corps gives you so that you may remember your time in the corps. *anything*

For SCV you get the star and if you age-out you get a green plume. In my case I got to keep my uniform (not the norm).

The Cadets decidedly DO NOT let you keep the buckle, or at least did not ten years ago. There are no such keepsakes.

Hm, I was sure you got to keep it. I remember seeing some Cadets mother on my Facebook post pictures of a picture frame with her son's picture in it, plus 3 Cadets buckles.