CBS Evening News Story On Youngest Blue Devils Snare

Great story! And excellent publicity for the activity.

There is SO much about this video that's not being said. I'm stunned by the silence in these threads. It's the kind of publicity that many here have been clamoring for, and that we all know is so difficult to get.

Brandon, you're a stud rock star! Dood! You are an inspiration to many, many percussionists (and other musicians) following you. THANK YOU for your hard work and guts. It's going to be a ball watching you grow and be a fixture of drum corps and music. I can't wait to see what you can do!

Scott Johnson, THANK YOU for being the kind of guy who would let a kid get his shot, and the kind of professional who would give such good advice to help him grow. Brandon could have stayed at Academy, or been drawn to another corps. Thanks for taking that risk by giving him the right advice.

BD, THANK YOU for allowing (and I presume, encouraging) this story on a national news station. While it filled the human interest portion of the station and gave BD some pub, it exposed the activity to hundreds-of-thousands of eyeballs around the country. That pub for the activity is hard to buy. Kudos to the person(s) who spotted the great story potential and took the initiative to get it into CBS's hands.

BD was going for number 16 (Sedici!) on Saturday, is among the most financially solvent of the active corps, has outreach around the world, spreads and preserves drum corps and music training and performance and, Oh yea, has won a few competitions. There were tons of reasons for CBS to do a news story about such an excellent organization (and, I mean, THE organization behind the scenes) but, instead, CBS did a human interest story on a kid with a dream. There's a valuable lesson in there for those who care to see what drum corps actually is about.

• Like 6

Can't beat that kind of publicity.