Madison Scouts Announce KC Michel as Program Coordinator

I don't understand this idea that in order to have a competitive show it must be boring. That makes no sense. The judging sheets don't have negative marks for making the crowd go wild. They don't have negative marks for wow moments that people will talk about for years after. You can absolutely have a show that is clean, designed well as to fit in to what the judges are looking for, and still make the crowd go nuts. Thinking you have to pick one or the other is silly. And I disagree about Scouts "winning". It would be nice to see the Scouts win again, but if you consistently put a very competitive show on the field that draws the type of attention the Scouts of the 90s did, then recruiting will be a breeze. I know I didn't join the Scouts because I wanted to win. I joined the Scouts because the shows were fun and challenging to march and play and to top it off the roar of the crowd was amazing. AND, we were still competeting at an elite level.

• Like 3