Ed Warren - DCI Visual Judge

It's been a while since I've read / reviewed topics here, and I did not see anything mentioned yet on this.

Ed Warren, DCI Visual judge for many years (since the early 1990's) passed away suddenly on Monday May 11th. For those who knew Ed, he could be counted on to give positive, direct, and accurate feedback / numbers throughout his judging career.

Ed's long DCI judging career was highlighted by him judging during DCI finals week as follows: the 1992 Division II prelims in Madison, WI; 1992 Division I Quarterfinals in Madison; 1993 Division I Semi-finals in Jackson, MS; 1994 Division III Prelims in Lowell, MA; 1994 Division II/III Finals in Lowell, MA; 1997 Division I Finals in Orlando, FL; 2000 Division I Quarterfinals in College Park, MD; 2001 Division I Semi-finals in Buffalo, NY; 2004 Division I Quarterfinals in Denver. CO; 2004 Division I Finals in Denver, CO; 2005 Division I Quarterfinals in Foxboro, MA; 2009 World Class Quarterfinals in Indianapolis, IN; 2010 Open Class Finals in Indianapolis, IN.

Simply put, you don't judge during finals week over an almost 20 year period on a consistent basis unless you know what you're doing. And Ed knew what he was doing!!

Ed also marched in junior corps in the 1970's, and also designed and taught for many drum corps and high school units over the past 25 years. Most recently with the Kilties of Racine, WI.

I was fortunate to meet Ed six years ago, and since that time, Ed became a trusted friend and fellow judge. His advice and support is something I am grateful for, and something I will dearly miss.

I can only guess how many thousands of lives Ed Warren came in contact with over the last 25-30 years, and likely hundreds more before that. It's hard to fathom that Ed was taken from us so suddenly, but it makes it all the more important to CHERISH each and every person we meet in the activity, and NOT forget to tell them how grateful we are!!

Rest in peace, Ed Warren. Many of us left here on earth will do our level best to continue the legacy of excellence in your memory. Thoughts and prayers to Ed's wife, Peggy and son James who he loved dearly.

• Like 4

Thank you Victor for posting it.

You are right on both counts. I haven't seen this posted any where else AND Ed Warren was definitely a calibre person and very fine judge. May he be blessed and his family consoled.

It's been a while since I've read / reviewed topics here, and I did not see anything mentioned yet on this.

Ed Warren, DCI Visual judge for many years (since the early 1990's) passed away suddenly on Monday May 11th. For those who knew Ed, he could be counted on to give positive, direct, and accurate feedback / numbers throughout his judging career.

Ed's long DCI judging career was highlighted by him judging during DCI finals week as follows: the 1992 Division II prelims in Madison, WI; 1992 Division I Quarterfinals in Madison; 1993 Division I Semi-finals in Jackson, MS; 1994 Division III Prelims in Lowell, MA; 1994 Division II/III Finals in Lowell, MA; 1997 Division I Finals in Orlando, FL; 2000 Division I Quarterfinals in College Park, MD; 2001 Division I Semi-finals in Buffalo, NY; 2004 Division I Quarterfinals in Denver. CO; 2004 Division I Finals in Denver, CO; 2005 Division I Quarterfinals in Foxboro, MA; 2009 World Class Quarterfinals in Indianapolis, IN; 2010 Open Class Finals in Indianapolis, IN.

Simply put, you don't judge during finals week over an almost 20 year period on a consistent basis unless you know what you're doing. And Ed knew what he was doing!!

Ed also marched in junior corps in the 1970's, and also designed and taught for many drum corps and high school units over the past 25 years. Most recently with the Kilties of Racine, WI.

I was fortunate to meet Ed six years ago, and since that time, Ed became a trusted friend and fellow judge. His advice and support is something I am grateful for, and something I will dearly miss.

I can only guess how many thousands of lives Ed Warren came in contact with over the last 25-30 years, and likely hundreds more before that. It's hard to fathom that Ed was taken from us so suddenly, but it makes it all the more important to CHERISH each and every person we meet in the activity, and NOT forget to tell them how grateful we are!!

Rest in peace, Ed Warren. Many of us left here on earth will do our level best to continue the legacy of excellence in your memory. Thoughts and prayers to Ed's wife, Peggy and son James who he loved dearly.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/162130-with-sadness/

https://www.facebook.com/RacineKilties

Edited by bill

Hello. Thank you for the kind words about my father. He has been involved in this activity since he was 15 as either a marcher, adjudicator, designer, or teacher. Although a large part of his life was spent as a judge he by far loved to teach.

I want to thank you for the post you have made. I have not been a member of dcp until after his death and as such couldn't post until approved.

I also will mention that his wife Peggy and I are trying to start a scholarship program in his name. We are using a GoFundMe page to gain a starting sum to give out to people participating in the marching arts that need it. We all know costs have ballooned in the last years of this activity and that is something he was always aware of. You can donate to the fund at this website.

http://www.gofundme.com/u6xeydc

• Like 1