Quick question about DCI West - What time is the BBQ before the show?

According to their website, Santa Clara performs at the BBQ at 5:15. I always wander over to the BBQ just to hear their performance.....and the crowd is already eating before Vanguard shows up. So maybe they start the BBQ an hour or so before the performances? BD performs, too.

This is just a guess.

• Like 1

The information about the show on the DCI website says the gate opens at 5:00. The Premium Ticket option says it includes access to the pre show BBQ. So I would assume it starts at 5:00. Did you try contacting the venue?

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210141487

The information about the show on the DCI website says the gate opens at 5:00. The Premium Ticket option says it includes access to the pre show BBQ. So I would assume it starts at 5:00. Did you try contacting the venue?

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210141487

I went to the BBQ once before but it was a few years ago and couldn't remember the time but I know it was more than an hour before the show began. I've tried contacting both BD and SCV through social media but no replies so far.

According to their website, Santa Clara performs at the BBQ at 5:15. I always wander over to the BBQ just to hear their performance.....and the crowd is already eating before Vanguard shows up. So maybe they start the BBQ an hour or so before the performances? BD performs, too.

This is just a guess.

Hmm yes so maybe 4pm would be a good bet if I can't find a more firm answer. Thanks for the info! I wonder if BD or SCV is first.

Hmm yes so maybe 4pm would be a good bet if I can't find a more firm answer. Thanks for the info! I wonder if BD or SCV is first.

Blue Devils perform at 5:30PM. SCV is at 5:15PM. I would expect that Phantom will also perform (probably at 5:00PM). I believe Crown did this when they were out West in 2013. Then, all three corps enjoyed the BBQ together.

I can't remember exact times in the past, but 4:00PM sounds right to me.