Drum Corps Challenge - Fund Raising Race

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210178104

SMVJLIUBXUIQRFM.20150706173859.png
AND THEY'RE OFF!
Help your favorite Drum Corps cross the Fundraising Finishline!
- Click on the helmet for the participating corps to make a tax-deductible donation
- Use #DCCrace15 and share your support with family & friends
- Check back daily to see the standings

Very proud that the idea that the Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corpsstarted several years ago - the Old School Challenge - has been adopted by the entire activity! This was also put in place at the DCI Board consortium meetings that our Board, led by Garry Martin established to get all boards to work together for the health of each Corps and the activity! Please participate!

Edited by SuperSaderFan
  • Like 1

Beuhler?

I'm hopeful that participation on the Challenge site is more vigorous than it is here.

I can be quirky sometimes and can be prone to missing the obvious, but I must admit that I just don't get this "Challenge".

Who's being challenged? What's the benefit of winning to the one being challenged? So this is a challenge-fundraising site run by DCI? I thought fundraising was the province of each corps individually and DCI was to generate show revenue.

What do full-face helmets have to do with drum corps?

Of course, I hope it's a success and each corps raises thousands from the effort, and I hope I'm not peeing on anyone's Cheerios.

Edited by garfield

Interesting that all corps are not included. I did see that the Scouts and the bluestars have their own challenge going. Maybe that's why.

Interesting that all corps are not included. I did see that the Scouts and the Blue Stars have their own challenge going. Maybe that's why.

I'm sure that any corps not participating in the challenge opted out rather than being excluded. Some corps' fundraising teams may have had other priorities already on their schedule when this challenge was brought to their attention.

I think it's great that DCI recognizes the need to come together as an activity to ensure financial integrity for it members.

With that being said, however, this concept is very amateur and is the equivalent of holding a car wash or bake sale or asking for spare change at the gas station. It wasn't announced until the 10th and ends on the 17th. Most people who would like to donate are already doing so. Plus, think about how many people are on vacation right now and aren't in a position to give to a campaign like this.

The site says that results will be updated daily. I haven't seen anything yet.