Vic Firth passed away

To me, a Boston, New England, and percussion legend. Rest in Peace Vic.

Article in the front page of the Boston Globe this morning. Some consider him the greatest percussionist ever. RIP. :

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/07/28/vic-firth-noted-bso-timpanist-drumstick-maker-dies/Jm84RGELKSIIlDpeKIMIlO/story.html

My youngest Brother was a snare drummer for the Boston Crusader's in the late '70's. He later became a pupil of Vic Firth and Alan Dawson but it was Vic Firth who was to be the most influential in getting my Brother accepted into the New England Conservatory of Music. My Nephew also marched with the Crusader's and later worked for Mr. Firth for many years. He is now working with the Crusader's.

I have heard some great Vic Firth stories from both my Brother and Nephew and I could tell by the way in which they spoke of the man that they cared deeply for him. I just sent out E-mails to both my Brother and Nephew to inform them of the news though in doing so I was hoping that they had already been informed in some better away. Unfortunately for my Brother this was not the case. I have not heard back from my Nephew yet but I'm hoping he's already been informed and not by some computer but by a person who will be their for him and understands the impact that this news will have.

Edited by Bsader