1 audition, 2 audition, 3 audition, more?

Be wary of being "invited" by instructors of big name corps if these same people 'diss" the other corps or try to stir the pot of dissent while staff changes are still in progress.

I have been told that one notable corps has a tendency to build its' line this way and render a "bountiy" to instructors able to "steal the talent" while members make knee-jerk reactive choices; not all said choices work so well and are often regretted. Few promises from the bounty-hunters usually flesh out.

A second notable corps is tending to build that same operating reputation.

Just be aware not to be used or tooled.

Edited by xandandl

So. Can anyone help me. I marched many, many years ago with the Crossmen. My daughter wishes to audition for Boston this year. Are these "Camps" auditions or are they just an opportunity to get a feel for what it is like. Because of my daughter performing for Conference All State it eliminates the "Boston" experience which is 5 hrs away. The only available time now is driving to Indy.

They recently changed that experience day to a Sunday instead of the original Saturday. That makes it more difficult now because it requires taking time off from school to get home.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I understand the whole commitment and dedication thing. Ive been there. However, it does have a financial aspect as well.

So. Can anyone help me. I marched many, many years ago with the Crossmen. My daughter wishes to audition for Boston this year. Are these "Camps" auditions or are they just an opportunity to get a feel for what it is like. Because of my daughter performing for Conference All State it eliminates the "Boston" experience which is 5 hrs away. The only available time now is driving to Indy.

They recently changed that experience day to a Sunday instead of the original Saturday. That makes it more difficult now because it requires taking time off from school to get home.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I understand the whole commitment and dedication thing. Ive been there. However, it does have a financial aspect as well.

From the thread you started:

Every corps is likely different, and your best answer would come from BAC themselves but, IME, these camps are introductory in nature for kids who don't know what drum corps life is like. Your daughter might still benefit from the camp especially if she's young and not too certain about "the life" of drum corps away from home, comforts, and family.

I made this same decision for another corps this year and, while you should do what's best for your daughter, we made the election to forgo the "camps" and go directly to the Nov and Dec tryouts.

My son, The _Kid, has been living the drum corps life for nearly his whole life and doesn't need an camp introduction to know what he's getting in to.

Just my .02, but definitely contact BAC.