Buying "Black Section" Finals Week Tickets

GlenI

I realized this year that DCI was the one thing that I followed more than anything and that it gave me more pleasure than any other recreational activity I have. And that's saying a lot since I live in Brady/Belichick land - and I love football.

I've decided that I'm going to center my vacation time around the DCI Allentown and DCI Finals Week events. I've been a long time financial supporter ($50/month) to The Cadets. My question is this: I want prime seats at Indianapolis in 2016. Between the 40's and mid way up. Is it better to donate more to The Cadets and get access that way, or should I just write a check to DCI and get access from them?

Any thoughts are welcome. BTW, I don't mind spending $1500-$2000 to get access to the best seats.

Glen

You said "seats" without saying how many. If you need two or three seats, get a Gold level Friends of DCI membership. This is $1,250 and includes three premium seats to Indy or Allentown with the right to purchase three more premium or super premium in Indy or seats in Allentown. You are allowed to split your seats between the two events, as I recall, and someone will be along to slap me down like a bug on a corps bus windshield :tounge2: if I'm wrong about that. Pay to upgrade Gold premium seats to Gold super premium seats (black section in Indy), $80 each. Buy additional seats for Allentown, $79 each. That's $1,568 total for two people or $1,727 for three people. The seats will be excellent, right where you want.

If you need four or five seats, the next higher step for Friends of DCI is Platinum which would get you 6 super premium seats (no extra charge) plus the right to buy 4 more in Indy and/or Allentown if you need them, but the basic buy-in donation at Platinum level is $2,500. Again, excellent seats, even a little better, but they're all excellent seats in the black sections.

The way they do seating for FDCI is all Diamond members are assigned seats close to midfield at the stadium level they want before all Platinum, then Gold, then Silver, then Bronze are assigned. Within each level of membership, ties are broken by years of consecutive membership. But anyone in Gold or Platinum gets excellent seats, no problem.

If it matters, keep in mind that tax deductions for these are sharply limited on DCI's acknowledgment letters because of the benefits you're getting.

• Like 1

I realized this year that DCI was the one thing that I followed more than anything and that it gave me more pleasure than any other recreational activity I have. And that's saying a lot since I live in Brady/Belichick land - and I love football.

I've decided that I'm going to center my vacation time around the DCI Allentown and DCI Finals Week events. I've been a long time financial supporter ($50/month) to The Cadets. My question is this: I want prime seats at Indianapolis in 2016. Between the 40's and mid way up. Is it better to donate more to The Cadets and get access that way, or should I just write a check to DCI and get access from them?

Any thoughts are welcome. BTW, I don't mind spending $1500-$2000 to get access to the best seats.

Glen

I hope you will be glad to sit next to me and include me in your will as well. :-)