Worst Top 12 Corps Ever!

There was a question on a thread today July 2 2016. The question was 'When was the last time a corps' score changed 8.7 pts. in one day?' I remember a few fluctuations in the 1970's. Other than the infamous 13 point penalty for being late, were there other swings in scores? Thanking you in advance Brian. I'm offline for a while.

Hey Linda! There were so many. The Pembroke Imperials went from a 82.50 at 1974 World Open prelims to a 72.75 at finals (dropping from 3rd to 9th!)

I'll find some others.

Of course there are some notorious score swings in VFW/American Legion Nationals over the years, but the judging (and differences in show length of prelims vs. finals all come into play in the first few years of DCI). That '74 World Open was one involving DCI judging that immediately comes to mind.

Edited by Northern Thunder

No. Star WAS a brand new corps. Bleu Raeders were a new name for the remnants of an old corps.

Bleu created a new charter, created a new name, and pulled most performers and staff from an older failing corps.

Star created a new charter, created a new name, and pulled most performers from one older failing corps and pulled staff from another faltering corps.

You maintain that Bleu was not a new corps but new in name only, while Star was a brand spanking new corps.

I maintain that because of how they both acquired their personnel from other corps 'consistency of definition' must prevail; thus they both were either new corps or they both were new corps in name only.

Les Eclipses had a couple fascinating seasons in '85 & '86.

On July 21, 1985 they scored a 63.3 in Albany, NY. Just two nights later they scored 83.1 at Ogdensburg.

They began the season scoring a 44.4 , and wound up scoring 84.4 at DCI.

In '86 they were just as amazing, with a 36.6 on June 21 in Revere, MA.

They wound up scoring 86.1 at DCI quarterfinals.

Edited by Northern Thunder

My first year on the field... 1971.... the local-circuit junior corps where I marched beat another corps in our circuit by a few tenths at one show, and lost to that same corps by something like 10 points, within a span of a week or so. LOL.

My first year on the field... 1971.... the local-circuit junior corps where I marched beat another corps in our circuit by a few tenths at one show, and lost to that same corps by something like 10 points, within a span of a week or so. LOL.

I like how the VFW/Legion scores compared with the DCI judging panels, Fran. At the 1976 VFW Nationals prelims, the Muchachos beat the Guardsmen by 5.3 points. Two days later, at DCI, the Guardsmen beat Muchachos by exactly 9 points.