When in Rome (NY)...Go to a drum corps show! (8/7/16 - Drums Along

You have to say plz!

Not in the least. However...it is not my way to say, even through inference, something derogatory about any group who somebody else on here may find as their devoted favorite. And not being of the portion of the population who is blessed not only with tact, but great writing skills as well...I'll remain mum in that regard.

That being said -- it was a tremendously enjoyable show. I choose not to go as a critic, but as a fan of the activity. Yes, I have my favorites. But...well...let me put it this way...

I am blessed to have not only a beautiful wife, but one who possesses a wonderful heart, soul, and virtue. However, such does not disbar me from seeing the same qualities in other females as well. One I love with all my heart...but the others I can still appreciate with great wonder. Such is my way with the drum corps activity as well. I hope that suffices...

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

Is it just me...or whenever you see somebody else on here say that they were at the same show you attended, you immediately ask yourself "Hmmmmm...I wonder if that guy next to me was.... ." You then shake your head and say "Naaaahhhh"...but inside your mind, you're never totally convinced. :confused:

Four years ago, the first time I attended DCA Finals (in Annapolis), I saw a guy two rows directly in front of me regularly typing into his phone. I almost asked if he was on DCP, but didn't want the embarrassment if he wasn't. Later a comment here makes it clear that . . .

Yup, it was Kamarag.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

Four years ago, the first time I attended DCA Finals (in Annapolis), I saw a guy two rows directly in front of me regularly typing into his phone. I almost asked if he was on DCP, but didn't want the embarrassment if he wasn't. Later a comment here makes it clear that . . .

Yup, it was Kamarag.

Ahhh...so I'm not TOTALLY crazy... :satisfied:

I am blessed to have not only a beautiful wife, but one who possesses a wonderful heart, soul, and virtue. However, such does not disbar me from seeing the same qualities in other females as well. One I love with all my heart...but the others I can still appreciate with great wonder. Such is my way with the drum corps activity as well. I hope that suffices...

I guess you saw the sidesaddle ATV rider as well.

I liked all of the shows, some more than others. I'm probably in the minority for liking Le Reve but it's quite the show, especially when it's right in front of you. Troopers always leave me with a warm feeling, and I had been anticipating their opener since realizing I'd get to see them live this year. I always want to see Vanguard though I wish I had gotten to see some of their shows from the previous years. I'm not sure how many people caught it when they faded that circle into the shield, since we were all too low to see some of the forms.