1. Drum Corpse Bride

2. A Step in Time

3. Vanity Fair

Boston Crusaders

1. Quixotic

2. Animal Farm

3. Conquest

• Like 1

Kinetic Noise is actually my favorite of theirs too...when I say that it's like saying that 1,000,000$ is slightly better than 999,999$ and 999,998$ though.  All three of their recent favorites are easily my three favorites since I have followed as a fan starting in 2009.  I haven't experienced anything like what I did in the theater in June of 2015 seeing that show or anything of it for the very first time, the two minutes before the ballad for the first time had me in pure ecstasy.  2016 was very close as well and first time I heard 2014 was also wild.   

Edited by DrumManTx

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Kinetic Noise is actually my favorite of theirs too...when I say that it's like saying that 1,000,000$ is slightly better than 999,999$ and 999,998$ though.  All three of their recent favorites are easily my three favorites since I have followed as a fan starting in 2009.  I haven't experienced anything like what I did in the theater in June of 2015 seeing that show or anything of it for the very first time, the two minutes before the ballad for the first time had me in pure ecstasy.  2016 was very close as well and first time I heard 2014 was also wild.   

I think you and I were the two rooting for Kinetic Noise on here all season in 2015. I'd rank the past 3 shows 1. Kinetic 2. Downside Up and 3. Tilt 

But all 3 were very strong! I was really hoping Kinetic would win but BD proved too strong and Crown surged.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I think you and I were the two rooting for Kinetic Noise on here all season in 2015. I'd rank the past 3 shows 1. Kinetic 2. Downside Up and 3. Tilt 

But all 3 were very strong! I was really hoping Kinetic would win but BD proved too strong and Crown surged.

Indeed.  I do remember us two being some of the few that were behind it.  I think it might be one of those "if it had one more week" shows.  They were sitting more often in around 4th or even 5th right up until the very end during those finals days, then they exploded at Championships where they have for 4 years and solidified third, almost nipped 2nd away from Carolina Crown, and got closer than they had to winning the year before score wise to the Blue Devils.  

I think that show was a really experimental one, they really went all in on the show theme relying so much on their newfound pluses they discovered in 2014 and I think it probably gave them the confidence to go for it in 2016.  I know that show is REALLY hit or miss for some people, and understandably so, but it just hit all the right buttons for me personally in terms of my taste.  I'd love to see them return to some Steve Reich/John Adams/etc. because they do it SO well.  That is one I am forever going to regret not seeing live, because that could have only enhanced my enjoyment.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Indeed.  I do remember us two being some of the few that were behind it.  I think it might be one of those "if it had one more week" shows.  They were sitting more often in around 4th or even 5th right up until the very end during those finals days, then they exploded at Championships where they have for 4 years and solidified third, almost nipped 2nd away from Carolina Crown, and got closer than they had to winning the year before score wise to the Blue Devils.  

I think that show was a really experimental one, they really went all in on the show theme relying so much on their newfound pluses they discovered in 2014 and I think it probably gave them the confidence to go for it in 2016.  I know that show is REALLY hit or miss for some people, and understandably so, but it just hit all the right buttons for me personally in terms of my taste.  I'd love to see them return to some Steve Reich/John Adams/etc. because they do it SO well.  

agree 100%

that show was the one that really advanced the soundfield and use of electronics/soundscape/live performance

sadly since it didn't win years from now I imagine folks will remember "Downside Up" as the revolutionary show. But in my mind it happened a year early

Adams is my favorite composer of ANY - so you and I are defintely seeing this one the same

• Like 1

2015 was actually one of my favorite DCI years.  Crown with their fan favorite GE monster.  BD with their extraordinary clean and intricate show.  Then the experimental Bluecoats after a surging 2014.  The Cadets with one of the most difficult shows of the year.  While I enjoyed Inferno, I was one of those people who just loved Ink.  Ill stand by my opinion that the right corps won that day. (Not to be harsh though, I think anyone in that top 4 had a shot at the gold)