FOX Sports Survey - Marching Bands on TV during college football 1/2 time

25 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Please take part in this survey from FOX Sports to indicate your interest in watching all or part of college bands' halftime shows during televised college football games.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepvUbGEEf8JHmhtVRDefMwgS4QXnKF6U9xrX3hp7S0v-qIrQ/viewform

Thanks for posting this.

I'm a big college football fan... and for me, the bands are part of what makes college ball much more fun than pro ball.

I remember one game, year ago... a Texas-Texas A&M game... when the TV network showed the entire halftime shows of both bands. Something that never happens anymore.

Both those bands are awesome, and it was a treat to see them.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

I seriously do not care about sports.  I have found sportos to be the rudest people when it comes time for the halftime show.  Let them have their monster trucks.

12 hours ago, flammaster said:

I seriously do not care about sports.  I have found sportos to be the rudest people when it comes time for the halftime show.  Let them have their monster trucks.

Well, I am a sports fan and I am humbly willing to put up with their rudeness to be able to see some great bands, even just a few of them - Alabama, Florida State, Middle TN State, LSU, Texas, etc.

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
typo

9 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Well, I am a sports fan and I am humbling willing to put up with their rudeness to be able to see some great bands, even just a few of them - Alabama, Florida State, Middle TN State, LSU, Texas, etc.

That's a really Southern bias you show there. How about UMass, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, UNH, Notre Dame, Penn State, W. Carolina, James Madison, West Chester State, Rutgers, UConn, Ohio State, etc., etc. ok, Wisconsin too but they march funny.

And even for those Southerners, you forgot South Carolina and FSU.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, flammaster said:

I think the same can often be said of fans are marching arts contests, maybe to a lesser degree, but I've come across plenty of rude people in our community as well at shows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

That's a really Southern bias you show there. How about UMass, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, UNH, Notre Dame, Penn State, W. Carolina, James Madison, West Chester State, Rutgers, UConn, Ohio State, etc., etc. ok, Wisconsin too but they march funny.

And even for those Southerners, you forgot South Carolina and FSU.

Gulp!  No offense intended.  I live in Tennessee and those were the first bands that came to mind.  BUT - I didn't forget FSU - I said "Florida State".