Corps Encore - Ogden, UT, July 12

In other news, Boston beat Cadets for the first time in 37 years so the Hotlanta thread is reeling over this.  Given that SOA is in the range of OC, PC, SC, etc, I looked at their score and they dropped a whopping 6.25.  That seems like an awful lot.

In any case, things are humming in the world of drum corps.  Wow.  Big night.

Edited by luv4corps

Just now, luv4corps said:

In other news, Boston beat Cadets for the first time in 37 years so the Hotlanta thread is reeling over this.  Given that SOA is in the range of OC, PC, SC, etc, I looked at their score and they dropped a whopping 6.25.  That seems excessive.  

In any case, things are humming in the world of drum corps these days.  Wow.  Big night.

There was an issue with the GE caption for SOA in some of the recaps. Check the official DCI scores, I don't think they fell quite that far. 

2 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

There was an issue with the GE caption for SOA in some of the recaps. Check the official DCI scores, I don't think they fell quite that far. 

Yeah has to be a mistake.  What a night for BAC fans.  Wow!

15 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

In other news, Boston beat Cadets for the first time in 37 years so the Hotlanta thread is reeling over this.  Given that SOA is in the range of OC, PC, SC, etc, I looked at their score and they dropped a whopping 6.25.  That seems like an awful lot.

In any case, things are humming in the world of drum corps.  Wow.  Big night.

Awww come on! This is a thread about the corps at this event......don't highjack :-)

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I am not shocked to see Oregon Crusaders pull away a little bit. Their show has as much difficulty as show most top 12 corps.  The sky is the limit for them IMO.  

How's their show this year? I've been a fan of OC the past few years 

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It's out there if you look for it.   

:ninja:

Currently abroad so watching video isn't gonna work out for me :( gonna be back in a week or so

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Currently abroad so watching video isn't gonna work out for me :( gonna be back in a week or so

Well to answer your previous question then:

It is great.  One of the more straight forward musical shows this year with an incredible horn book that is pushing top 12 difficulty and they sound amazing.   Uniforms are way easier to read and the visual design as a whole is a big step up from last year.  Color guard is way better staged and utilized.  The ballad is one of the best musical things on the field this year IMO.  Just a few minutes of letting a song breathe and be what it is.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Well to answer your previous question then:

It is great.  One of the more straight forward musical shows this year with an incredible horn book that is pushing top 12 difficulty and they sound amazing.   Uniforms are way easier to read and the visual design as a whole is a big step up from last year.  Color guard is way better staged and utilized.  The ballad is one of the best musical things on the field this year IMO.  Just a few minutes of letting a song breathe and be what it is.  

Wow sounds like the academy from last season. Excited to see it

• Like 1