Current plot lines !

44 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

So much so that I timed their marching while playing at 1:22, half of which was at a tempo under 100. 

And yet I still love the show.  Regardless of what my opinions are on traditional demand or design preferences, this is a masterfully designed production.

Just one man's opinion, but I feel like the groupings have become obvious, even at this early point in the season.  1-2 BD/SCV, 3-4 Bloo/Crown, 5-7 Cavies/Boston/Cadets.

You dont know how much I appreciate that you acknowledge the park n bark, but dont let it ruin your opinion of the show.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Up to this point your opinions have elicited mostly disagreement; but nonetheless you have at least been in the parameters of presenting legitimate, albeit haughty, opinions.  That is great; because differences of opinion make DCP debates interesting!!!  However, this statement of yours, “In BD’s show they have completely ignored the visual properties that it takes to make a show flow, connect and be interesting from a holistic standpoint.” Um, from that point forward credibility has been severed.  Why?  Because for it to be true the BD visual would have to be ‘completely’ random, ‘completely’ scattered, ‘completely’ disconnected, ‘completely’ dis-interesting’ and ‘completely’ disassociated from the whole (oh wow, now that is true DaDa, but also a subject for a different topic and thread).  Anyway, the current BD visual design certainly does have flow, does connect in purposeful ways, and does associate itself with the whole.  But I will concede that it apparently does not interest you; and that is where your opinion is ‘completely’ correct.

Thank you for the points you make, I appreciate the thoughts.  I thought a lot about what I have said and not being a hater of the Blue Devils, in fact loving the jazz that they put forth on the field and the interesting ways they have recreated themselves and pushed their organizations to perfection is a model more corps should follow as I mention earlier in a post - "they are the classiest organization in DCI.  No one can touch their approach to each season, nor can anyone approach they way they go about things.  It's magnificent what they have done and they will probably never finish outside the medals for who knows how long and they are always a veteran corps because of their set up.  It's a family organization that every corps should be trying to replicate in so many ways because it would provide stability to organizations that need it.  But this show doesn't make sense to me, especially considering the past 6 of really incredible show ideas and productions!"  I do believe they will hit 20 championships before the next best three combined hit 20.  I do however not believe in this show, nor what they are doing visually with their brass line at all.  If they add something, anything that would make them less of a pit orchestra that moves every couple of minutes to stretch their legs, I would be grateful.  This probably is more deserving to be in the cut and paste post, which, to me is another problem and the problem that I see that does not make this show flow at all.  You can believe what you want, we all have our favorites in corpsdom, and that's ok.  People can disagree all they want too, but I've had as many agree to the points being made here too.  That's why it's discussion and it gets emotional because we, as fans are invested in our favorites, or as alumni, instructors, helpers, workers even more so.  I'm stating what to me looks like something that should not be getting credit as a fan, instructor, helper and judge.  If things are added over the next 3 weeks, my opinion may change, but for now, there just isn't much there.  

• Like 1