SCV and BD in top 2...really?!!

15 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

What does that even mean? Sorry if I get a little sick of those that need to try to tear down the performance of others to argue why their favorite should be winning.

Excuse me, I meant shouldn't affect you. Just noticed that.

I'm not tearing down the performance either. The BD show is a great, TOP 3 show, no doubt. It just doesn't belong in front of the monster that SCV is performing VERY well.

• Like 2

It's going to take a run like finals in '99 for SCV for catch BD.  GE is there but the performance issues are just enough from night to night to keep BD in front.  

Really as simple as that.  A clean run will beat BD at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Excuse me, I meant shouldn't affect you. Just noticed that.

I'm not tearing down the performance either. The BD show is a great, TOP 3 show, no doubt. It just doesn't belong in front of the monster that SCV is performing VERY well.

Go back and review your first post in this thread. Not tearing down.

You are welcome to your opinion, as is everyone else here.

• Like 1

Just now, Everyfan said:

Go back and review your first post in this thread. Not tearing down.

You are welcome to your opinion, as is everyone else here.

A comparison is not tearing the blue devils show down, it's showing a difference in shows. You can prove me wrong by showing me how much faster the Devils show is... Of course, you won't be able to.

My point still stands.

6 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

A comparison is not tearing the blue devils show down, it's showing a difference in shows. You can prove me wrong by showing me how much faster the Devils show is... Of course, you won't be able to.

My point still stands.

Except your "comparison" wasn't even of SCV and BD. There IS a trumpet cam video of a BD soloist in here. A comparison would be if you post a trumpet cam vid of one of the "twelve" at SCV this year.

Just now, Everyfan said:

Except your "comparison" wasn't even of SCV and BD. There IS a trumpet cam video of a BD soloist in here. A comparison would be if you post a trumpet cam vid of one of the "twelve" at SCV this year.

As I stated in my post. It was a figurative comparison, not literal.

I already commented on the BD Soloist cam, in this thread. The guy was literally talking to other corps members the entire run, with incredible ease.

Once SCV posts up a POV vid of anyone, let alone one of the small ensemble members pushing the props all around the field, I'll be glad to comment on it.

3 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Smart design in relevance to the sheets and BD fans. In my opinion, not nearly as difficult or effective as credit being given.

Fixed that for you.

So, with all this immense hatred for Devils (along with backhanded complements), I have to ask....what year did you get cut?

Just now, Kamarag said:

Fixed that for you.

So, with all this immense hatred for Devils (along with backhanded complements), I have to ask....what year did you get cut?

You didn't fix it for me, you just inserted your own opinion

I never even attempted to audition for BD, I'm not in to the Park and Bark Jazz and Yoga stuff.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:14 PM, tedrick said:

we need a drum corps version of this classic satire song:

Tom Lehrer is a great one.  Thanks for bringing this in to the discussion.  I love it!

40 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

You didn't fix it for me, you just inserted your own opinion

I never even attempted to audition for BD, I'm not in to the Park and Bark Jazz and Yoga stuff.

So why all the hate? I get along with most SCV alums I know in person. Most of them don't just whine about what the Blue Devils are doing. They just enjoy what SCV is doing. You just can't seem to enjoy it unless you ##### about "park an play" BD or some other complaint.