Historical Age Out Stats

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I'm surprised a bit that Academy even had " 21 " age outs. They looked rather young to me this season. The Crossmen supposedly had 20 age outs, but they looked a bit older as a group to me than the Academy. Just shows that my eyes can deceive me sometimes.. haha

And some of us have our youthful teenage looks still, no matter what the birth certificate says. Ask your wife. What women doesn't like to get "carded" ????

Just now, xandandl said:

And some of us have our youthful teenage looks still, no matter what the birth certificate says. Ask your wife. 

She confirms it. she says I'm far more handsome now. She's a great judge of these things too, imo

I always thought this would be an interesting rule idea: "There shall be no more than 1/4 of the entire corps fielded by current year age-outs". That would mean World Class corps could not field more than 37.5 (well lets just say 38) members marching their age out at any World class corps - assuming each corps is maxing out their marching members at 150.  This would mean - every performer is competing for their spot for their corps for their age out year - and no one is grandfathered in because they marched more than 1 year at that respective corps. Additionally, this would force staff to cherry pick their age outs. This may curb ring chasers spending their last year at a top corps - not that there is anything wrong with that. It would also redistribute talent across all world class corps instead of concentrating them among those top corps. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, valvedtpt said:

I always thought this would be an interesting rule idea: "There shall be no more than 1/4 of the entire corps fielded by current year age-outs". That would mean World Class corps could not field more than 37.5 (well lets just say 38) members marching their age out at any World class corps - assuming each corps is maxing out their marching members at 150.  This would mean - every performer is competing for their spot for their corps for their age out year - and no one is grandfathered in because they marched more than 1 year at that respective corps. Additionally, this would force staff to cherry pick their age outs. This may curb ring chasers spending their last year at a top corps - not that there is anything wrong with that. It would also redistribute talent across all world class corps instead of concentrating them among those top corps. Thoughts?

interesting idea with some merit and some rationale. But corps directors would retort, why have kids who don't want to be here?  And if they don't make their favored corps, what is to guarantee that they  would march elsewhere?  Might the end result be more top corps AND more corps without ageouts (who decided to stay home instead>?)