DCA Show - Columbus, OH 7/21/2018 - Saints Showcase!

DCA now gives the location as Watkins Memorial H.S. in Pataskala (about a half-hour from the Columbus location that had previously listed).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigW said:

The corps does some great promo videos. So who are the Green Beret MB? I found the RHR website. Nice to hear Ohio's building something.

Thanks on the video comment; I tend to either shoot them with a Sony Nex-7 and edit in Premiere or Sony Vegas.

Green Beret Marching Band is a member of the MACBDA Circuit that spawned Shadow Drum & Bugle Corps. They also participate in DCI SoundSport Jr. Division as well. 

47 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCA now gives the location as Watkins Memorial H.S. in Pataskala (about a half-hour from the Columbus location that had previously listed).

Yes, there was a location change due to a change with Columbus City Schools. It's about 25-35 minutes depending on which way you go, but it's still considered part of the Greater Columbus area which is why we marketed as Columbus.

1 hour ago, lcarlton said:

Thanks on the video comment; I tend to either shoot them with a Sony Nex-7 and edit in Premiere or Sony Vegas.

Green Beret Marching Band is a member of the MACBDA Circuit that spawned Shadow Drum & Bugle Corps. They also participate in DCI SoundSport Jr. Division as well. 

Ahhah! MACBDA is one of those things kind of unknown out this way. That explains it. :satisfied:

3 hours ago, lcarlton said:

Yes, there was a location change due to a change with Columbus City Schools. It's about 25-35 minutes depending on which way you go, but it's still considered part of the Greater Columbus area which is why we marketed as Columbus.

It's all good. I've never been to Pataskala, although there are two marching band competitions there every fall (one at Watkins Memorial and the other at Licking Heights) that I've hoped to attend at one point or another. One thing you might wish to fix: on the "events" tab of the Saints' website, it says there are no events upcoming. The Saints' Facebook page links to a different site entirely.

Best wishes to this new show, and the corps in it!!!

It'll be nice for Cincy, Saints, and Erie to get scores on DCA sheets with DCA judges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

It's all good. I've never been to Pataskala, although there are two marching band competitions there every fall (one at Watkins Memorial and the other at Licking Heights) that I've hoped to attend at one point or another. One thing you might wish to fix: on the "events" tab of the Saints' website, it says there are no events upcoming. The Saints' Facebook page links to a different site entirely.

Thanks. It's fixed!

18 hours ago, BigW said:

Ahhah! MACBDA is one of those things kind of unknown out this way. That explains it. :satisfied:

Sure! MACBDA is something we love! It's a great chance for corps, marching bands, or any ensemble that wants to compete to have a place and circuit to go. 

We're discussing getting some joint shows going potentially this coming year so we'll see what happens!

• Thanks 1