Favorite 2003 Guard Uniform?

Which guard uniform did you like the most this summer?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which guard uniform did you like the most this summer?

• Blue Devils
    • Cadets
    • SCV
    • Cavaliers
    • Phantom
    • Bluecoats
    • Colts
    • Capital Regiment
    • Spirit
    • Kiwanis Kavaliers
    • Crown
    • Madison
    • Magic
    • Phantom
    • Glassmen
    • Pioneer
    • Seattle
    • Southwind
    • Boston
    • Other

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally had no probem with Crown's uniforms. The performers were so beautiful that they would have made paper bags look good. In any case, the point of a uniform is not to match the theme of the show to a t. You don't see BD with the word "jazz" emblazoned across their bodies. On that note, Crown would have been overkill if they'd shown up in silver and gold to match their Bellissimo show.

SCV had the prettiest colors, hands down. =)

i didn't get to see a lot of different uniforms this summer, but i really liked Patriots guard uniforms!

I really enjoyed the Mandarin unis... I usually like their style, this year the unis were great!

Thanks, but those uniforms were the hottest things on earth. As cool as they looked, with all the chains, and patterns. The fur and cloth material wasn't the best for ventilation, especially in Orlando.

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone else think Phantom's unis didn't go with their show at all? Just a thought... SCV's were awesome though

Yeah they were kinda weird but cool at the same time! I liked the variety of PR's guard uniforms! SCV's were really cool...I loved them! They looked a little hot, but I thought they were so cool!

not Cavi's....BD's are always COOL...of course.....Madisons always fit the show well....and Phantom's guard looked beautiful in those uniforms

• 2 weeks later...

As I thought about how to vote in this poll, I had a difficult time simply because I don't really have strong impressions of anyone's uniform from the summer season. Nothing caught my attention as particularly unique. I guess that's what happens when almost every unit seems to favor some variation on a spandex body suit.

I will say that I didn't particularly care for Phantom's choice. As others have stated, the costume (I don't think it can be called a uniform since there was nothing uniform about it) did not seem to match the image or overall feel of the show. "Ok girls, everybody go home and find something black to wear."

I didn't think I would like Cavis uni from what I saw on the web, but it went with the show and I ended up likeing them. They went well with the "theme" of the show and the color of it wasn't as overwhelming as I thought it would be.

Again the same with SCVs. I came into Orlando thinking that I "probably" wouldn't like them from what everyone said about them. But SURPRISE! I really really liked them. They truly emphasized the "Pathways" theme. Can't see any other color for that now. (I also got "inside" information that the "blue" was the derivative of the "green" that the rest of the Corps wore. True? Judge for yourselves).

O.K. Phantoms... I was sooo happy to see Phantom back in white. And one thing you need to understand is this. As a Bus Driver for the Corps I can only sit where there is a seat available. That usually means up top near the end zone. My impression of Phantoms guard unis from that perspective was this. They disappeared from the rest of the Corps. They were "pretty", but from "up top" each guard member appeared smaller in stature compared to the rest of the Corps. They didn't match what the Corps was playing. That doesn't mean that they weren't good. I have always respected Phantoms Guard. They are so clean at times it's scary. I just wished that their unis this past Summer reflected how good they were...loved 2002s unis...

I liked BDs too because it didn't emphasize their bodies so much. It was very subtle (and yet colorful). I was able to focus on their equpment work instead which was as usual very good...

My oh my...so many uni's...

So i liked Phantoms unis, the whole dominatrix thing was really cute, but i didnt really get how it went with their show. I know the show was about artsy fartsy stuff, but i couldnt grasp how the uni's went w/ that. They were very artsy but more dark art than their music was. Can anyone enlighten us? Maybe you heard something?

Vanguard, kinda reminded me of Cavi's 02. Went really well w/ the concept, just didnt care for them much.

Crown, sorry girls, but yuck, shiny material on a field makes anyone look fat. I saw y'all up close so i know youre not but, from far away...bad news. Georgous dancers though.

Blue Knights, looking through pics, what were y'all wearing at the begining? That was nasty! End of season one were hot, but white unitards?! :wacko: