Jumpropes

RickCogley

I was thinking about the cool guard book in 27th's 83 show. They used double jumpropes in the camelot production, and the guard ran through them while they were being spun. It looked (and probably was) really hard!

I'm curious - has any other corps used jumpropes in their show?

:lol:

1983 27th Lancer colorguard....extremely underrated. Trying so hard to "keep up with the swift changes" They had a new look, new additions to the staff, new style, and (gasp!!!) a new flag design (Smaller rifles too) The guard work was extremely complimentary to the music chosen, rifle work as difficult as ever......the girls did a great job, by seasons end, extremely competitive.

One of my all-time favorite shows. Drumline was one of the best in DCI, drill was very "Garfieldesque", and performed well...you would never know unless you have the 83 high cameras, thank God I do !! This show was not scored according to their performance...IMO

~G~

Wow, that's such a nice thing to say - thanks! We enjoyed playing that show - it was a lot of fun for a snare drummer - lots of "scottish" feel parts and flams.

1983 27th Lancer colorguard....extremely underrated. Trying so hard to "keep up with the swift changes" They had a new look, new additions to the staff, new style, and (gasp!!!) a new flag design (Smaller rifles too) The guard work was extremely complimentary to the music chosen, rifle work as difficult as ever......the girls did a great job, by seasons end, extremely competitive.

One of my all-time favorite shows. Drumline was one of the best in DCI, drill was very "Garfieldesque", and performed well...you would never know unless you have the 83 high cameras, thank God I do !! This show was not scored according to their performance...IMO

G,

You are right on the money with this comment. I had very mixed feelings when we beat them that year. I felt bad and great at the same time. Their colorguard was extremely underrated. They are the only one I know of that have used a jump rope in their show, though it was not the first time they were jumping and spinning at the same time. I beleive in 1977 they spun and jumped over flag poles much like they were jumping rope.