How can I jump to new posts?

Though I have followed DCP for a few years, I have not learned how to MARK MY PLACE when reading forum posts. 

How do I mark my place on the various forum topics that I follow?

I currently jump to the last page in a forum topic then work backwards until reading something familiar.

Is a WHERE DID I LEAVE OFF feature available? And is the feature available to both Registrants and Guests?  

Do I need to log out after each session?

Thank you for lending any advice.

using either the Browse or Activity tab to access the Forums, at the beginning of each listed discussion thread title there is a black 'button' - hover your cursor over that button and you will see a 'go to the first unread post' popup tag. clicking on that button will do just that.  the absence of that button means there are no new posts in that thread since you last visited it.

Hope this helps

image.png

• 4 years later...
On 1/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, JohnZ said:

using either the Browse or Activity tab to access the Forums, at the beginning of each listed discussion thread title there is a black 'button' - hover your cursor over that button and you will see a 'go to the first unread post' popup tag. clicking on that button will do just that.  the absence of that button means there are no new posts in that thread since you last visited it.

Hope this helps

image.png

What's the difference between an unread "circle" icon and a "star" icon?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 9:48 AM, resipsaloquitur said:

What's the difference between an unread "circle" icon and a "star" icon?

As I remember, and believe is borne out in the data, the star indicates a thread you have commented/participated in.  

On 7/28/2023 at 4:38 PM, JohnD said:

As I remember, and believe is borne out in the data, the star indicates a thread you have commented/participated in.  

I can confirm.